Hi, my name is pjosiejo69!
Absolutely devastated... after being awarded DLA for 16 years for a progressive rare illness called Sapho Syndrome, I lost my indefinite DLA on the changeover to PIP. Have managed to work 16 hours a week for 20 years as a hca nurse for the NHS but have been off sick for months as am too ill. I have had a face to face - total lies throughout and 2 mandatory Reconsiderations, not even rechecked, and am waiting for a tribunal. As a result of losing DLA, I have also lost the disability element of working tax credit and therefore today have lost the rest of working tax credit without any warning! So now all I have to survive on his my half pay from work and ssp, which combined just covers rent and council tax and is £633 - lost £690. Absolutely devastated and so so scared of the future 😥xx
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.7K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.