post office says NOOOOOO. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

post office says NOOOOOO.

paullove
paullove Community member Posts: 8 Listener

i asked the DWP for a PIP  certificate of entitlement in order to get a car taxed.They sent a PIP  personal statement of entitlement,whch was rejected by the post office.

Any ideas.

peace and hugs

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, when you received your award notification I take it was for either standard or enhanced mobility. A page in your award notification letter states what your reduced road tax entitlement is and you are given a unique code to take to the post office when you tax your car, it also states to keep it safe as you will need this code each time you renew your car tax either online or the post office. Either you lost, binned or mislaid the original letter but I would of thought the DWP would be able to send a duplicate, if not then it could be your loss. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Do you have Enhanced mobility or standard mobility? You only get 100% road tax reduction with Enhanced mobility.

If you're claiming standard mobility PIP then you'll receive 50% reduction and you'll need to send all your documents to DVLA, it can't be done at any post office.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Take copies before you send your papers cos the DVLA loose stuff too

Brightness