Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

post office says NOOOOOO.

i asked the DWP for a PIP  certificate of entitlement in order to get a car taxed.They sent a PIP  personal statement of entitlement,whch was rejected by the post office.

Any ideas.

peace and hugs


  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, when you received your award notification I take it was for either standard or enhanced mobility. A page in your award notification letter states what your reduced road tax entitlement is and you are given a unique code to take to the post office when you tax your car, it also states to keep it safe as you will need this code each time you renew your car tax either online or the post office. Either you lost, binned or mislaid the original letter but I would of thought the DWP would be able to send a duplicate, if not then it could be your loss. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Do you have Enhanced mobility or standard mobility? You only get 100% road tax reduction with Enhanced mobility.

    If you're claiming standard mobility PIP then you'll receive 50% reduction and you'll need to send all your documents to DVLA, it can't be done at any post office.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • MisscleoMisscleo Member Posts: 646 Pioneering
    Take copies before you send your papers cos the DVLA loose stuff too
Sign in or join us to comment.