Rejected for pips. By givingup - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rejected for pips. By givingup

Comments

• Mil_30
    Mil_30 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Had my appeal today. So hard, doctor was literally grilling me, I knew it wont go well. Got 0 points on dialy living and 10 points on mobility. Gonna wait for their reasons and my rep will see if we can appeal to higher tribunal. So unfair once again its like being slapped in face told you are okey...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    So sorry it didn't go well. We need some legal help to fight the government on this. Question to scope themselves on here, don't you haven't any legal frame in place to stick up for people with disabilities? 
  • Mil_30
    I dont have strenght to fight. Feel literally like ending this survining..
  • [Deleted User]
    Don't give up please.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Mil_30. I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a hard time with your PIP appeal. It's good that you have a rep who's exploring all your options and we'll of course do whatever we can to advise you through the process.

If you feel like you're struggling with your mental health at the moment and are having any sort of suicidal thoughts, it's really important you discuss these with someone qualified and able to help. Samaritans are a great service and you can call them on 116 123 or email them (jo@samaritans.org) Mind also have some great resources for how to manage suicidal feelings, but if you think you're in any danger, please call 999 or go straight to your local hospital.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @givingup,

We don't currently offer a service as you've described. However, we do know many disabled people are rightly angry at the injustice they experience through the benefits system. Scope guards its independence carefully so we can challenge damaging policy. In recent meetings with government ministers Scope has been vocal about our concerns about unfair and stressful benefit assessments, sanctions and the rollout of Universal Credit. We're calling for radical reform of benefits tests and an end to sanctions, because we believe these things are essential to get equality for disabled people.

If you'd like to discuss this more, you're welcome to email us at community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Mil_30
    Hi @Mil_30. I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a hard time with your PIP appeal. It's good that you have a rep who's exploring all your options and we'll of course do whatever we can to advise you through the process.

If you feel like you're struggling with your mental health at the moment and are having any sort of suicidal thoughts, it's really important you discuss these with someone qualified and able to help. Samaritans are a great service and you can call them on 116 123 or email them (jo@samaritans.org) Mind also have some great resources for how to manage suicidal feelings, but if you think you're in any danger, please call 999 or go straight to your local hospital.
    Thank you! I will be okey, I only live cos I have 4 year old son and he needs his mommy. Got all numbers saved as my self harming thoughts are back in my head and didnt done anything since 2012 so trying really hard. Just this appeal was so hard it made me fall apart x
  • dolfrog
    dolfrog Community member Posts: 441 Pioneering
    Mil_30 said:
    Thank you! I will be okey, I only live cos I have 4 year old son and he needs his mommy. Got all numbers saved as my self harming thoughts are back in my head and didnt done anything since 2012 so trying really hard. Just this appeal was so hard it made me fall apart x
    I know how you feel.
    It is only my 3 sons and my wife that keep me going, if they were not here I would be gone.
  • Adrian_Scope
    How are you doing today @Mil_30? Have you heard back from your rep about your options going forward?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Mil_30
    How are you doing today @Mil_30? Have you heard back from your rep about your options going forward?
    Hi, meh still here. No news so far only been a week since my pip appeal. Not sure if I have more energy to fight them anymore. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Just heard back from dwp, after my first appeal, scored 0 on all points again!! 
    After the half an hour accessment she feels I'm fine despite being ill and on medication since 1984!
    So, I've decided to call it a day in more ways than one, can't say anything political , not that I,m worried as I won't be around to care. Wish everyone else on here all the best and good luck with their situations, at least when I'm gone they won't have to worry about paying me a penny which is what they want. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    @Adrian_Scope @Chloe_Scope Thought I'd bring this to your attention!

• Adrian_Scope
    edited November 2019
    Hello @givingup. I'm so sorry to read that the first stage of appeal hasn't changed the outcome. Would I be right to assume that this was your mandatory reconsideration? Unfortunately, the large majority of these do not change the decision and need to then be taken to tribunal. Have you been in touch with your CAB representative to discuss your next steps? 
    It's important to note that the large majority (around 75%) of tribunals overturn the original decision made. 

I'm concerned about the effect this whole process if having on your mental health and that you're saying you "won't be around". As a member of our community you are important to us. If you are having suicidal thoughts it's important you seek help from someone trained to help you. Samaritans are a great service and you can call them on 116 123 or email them (jo@samaritans.org). Mind also have some resources for how to manage suicidal feelings, but if you think you're in any danger, please call 999 or go straight to your local hospital. 

I understand that you might need some further ongoing support that a crisis service can't provide. If this is something you'd be interested in, we would be willing to find you some. Please get in touch with us at community@scope.org.uk if you'd like to explore our offer of additional support.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @givingup, I'm so sorry to hear about your appeal and the affect this is having on you mentally. How are you doing today?

I hope the support Adrian has given above is useful and please do get in touch if there is anything else we can do to support you.
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    Not been on here for ages. I cut my leg and put the blood on a letter with a piece of shirt off my back and sent it to dwp saying I wanted to appeal to go to a tribunal.
  • Joanne_Alumni
    Joanne_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 188 Pioneering
    Hi @givingup,
    Have you managed to get some help with your appeal?
    Joanne 
    Scope
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Having actually tried to end things a few times I can assure you that if you think it will make a difference to others then, as a general rule, it won't. Certainly not to the people responsible for benefit claims, not to GP's (except to complicate receiving medication) and often not even to Mental Health. I remember calling the Crisis Line once and stating I felt so bad I was thinking of trying to end my life. The woman replied "Stop being stupid and pull yourself together". All it did was make me want to end things even more.

I cannot recommend any of the methods available for "so-called" support. Most have failed miserably to help me in the past.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Millsberry
    Millsberry Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    givingup said:
    Hi all,
    Just received my dreaded reply about my pip claim, rejected out of hand, 0 in every section! I am going to appeal through my local citizens advice centre but of course what I do to pay my rent ,bills money for food, who knows, I get esa which has been drastically reduced when my partner came to live with me, 
    With my mental health problems which when I went for my assessment have been completely ignored , maybe I should of slit my wrists, sorry but that's now how I feel, would of been the only way to make them understand? But I doubt it! So much for government etc saying there trying to get people to understand mental health!
    Anyway, I'll try to keep this appeal thing updated on here to help others if I can. 
    Sorry, at the moment I feel so dejected and rejected. Al.

@givingup
    @givingup
    hi, please don’t give up. I had my pip rejected and I appealed and went to a tribunal for it. They heard my case and gave me my pip back for a minimum four years with no assessments and they back dated it a few years to when I first got Poorly. After hearing my case they were so confused as to how it was rejected in the first place. Then told me that in future when filling out my pip form on what I can and can’t do I need to put what I’m like on good days and bad days because people with fluctuating Illness’ don’t really have an ‘average’. Please dont slit your wrist or hurt yourself, if you tell them that they’ll lock you up straight away. But In your tribunal you should tell them how being rejected made you feel. You should definitely appeal it. Loads of people were rejected in the last year to cut disability benefits but you should appeal it.
    please don’t give up. 
    Milly x
    p.s. hi everyone this is my first post here, I’m disabled and looking to make friends 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Millsberry welcome to the forum. That was a lovely first post. :smile:
  • [Deleted User]
    I went to citizens advice and she sent off my papers for tribunal, got a letter last week saying I was too late putting my appeal in! Turns out they send these to most people. Just another nasty party,s way of putting us off! Though my advisor said it will be 10 months at least before I get to a tribunal!!! Plenty of time for the nasty party to cut taxes for the rich at our expense!
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.