Pip peed off — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip peed off

Options
rete
rete Community member Posts: 17 Connected
Hi have had Mr and no change have put in appeal .got copy of my paper work back from capita. And the forms they sent out to my gp . Am so hurt and upset not sure if gp filled them in or secutary.  She did not answer their questions but stated a blanket statement. That as far as she knows I am OK and do the activities they have asked her about .. I  have sent gp a letter of complaint and my hub as spoken to.her and she had apologised.  But it's too late am worry ed the tribunal  will look at this and that will be it . She has  told my hub to tell me to ask the dwp to request the info again .I feel it's not up to me to do.so but the gp as she has made the mess .what's people's  view and best way to go about sorting this out now .

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, asking your GP how you cope or manage the PIP descriptiors is like asking the post man, woman the same question. Your GP only know about your medical history not your abilities to cope or manage the PIP descriptiors safely repeatable and in a timely manner. Your GP is or has not been there to watch you dress, wash or prepare meals. So asking yours or mine GP for such information is in my view pointless. And complaining to or about the secretary is not fair as you to don't know each other so it looks as if it has been a pointless exercise. 
  • Sharon78
    Sharon78 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Cahill can I ask what are you claiming pip for hon x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sharon78 said:
    Cahill can I ask what are you claiming pip for hon x

HI,
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. Everyone is affected differently by these conditions and you can't compare 2 people.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.