How long — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long

clare_1
clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello all

Was just wondering if anyone would know how long you have to wait for a reply about MR.
I sent my MR letter of on the 29th November and they received it 2nd December.
My mum rang up on the 7th November to inform them we haven't had a decision letter about reward, was told it was sent out on the 2nd November and should recive it by the 8th November. My mum also asked about the MR beacuse don't agree with the dission made and was told that he will put a note on the system that we havent received the letter and was going to put in writing about the MR and the month would be from when I recived it on the 8th November.

I know they recived the letter on the 2nd December beacuse I recorded the delivery and was signed for. However I havent received any text to say that they have received the MR so was wanting to know if this is normal and how long will I have to wait for them to say they are not changing dission on the standard for both?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Just because the letter was signed for on 2nd December doesn't mean it was received by DWP on that date. All it means is that it was signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office and this doesn't mean it's arrived at DWP, all it means is that it's somewhere in the Royal Mail sorting office. Signed for next day delivery is a waste of money and proof of posting is all that's needed.

It's not classed as arriving with DWP until it's been added to the computer and this can take 10 working days, at least and sometimes longer. I do know that at the moment DWP have huge postal backlogs.

All you can do is ring and ask if it's been received. There's no timescales for MR decisions and it could be 10 weeks from when it's added onto to the computer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    Thank you for your reply.

Oh that's strange as says on the tracking it says been singed for at  the post office and then delivered to Wolverhampton on the 2nd.

It's good to know that it takes 10 days to be put on the computer.
    I wasn't late by sending it in so I'm hoping I'll be ok.
    Just thought I would have recived a text to say they got it

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    It doesn't mean it's arrived with DWP. The 10 days i quoted is just a guide and nothing more. They don't always send a text to say it's been received either, especially for the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clare_1
    Oh ok thank you.

Feel a bit better knowing that they don't always send text out for MR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.