Merry Christmas DWP
After our daughter was refused her PIP allowance from 4 April 2019 plus losing the SDA, totalling approx £600 per month, we obviously appealed, contacted our then local MP Sir Norman Lamb, CAB and took advice through, SCOPE, I received a phone message on Sunday morning, from the DWP asking if I could ring them. Today I rang the number and following several security questions, I was talking to the Appeals Officer. He told me that after going through her 365 page Appeal, he had noticed several areas which were wrong, resulting in her PIP being reinstated from 4 April 2019,plus she will also get her SDA reinstated too. I explained that receiving a call on a Sunday morning I had thought it was a cold caller ringing but he told me that because of all the appeals they were working 7 days a week to sort the mess out. She will obviously receive backpay......we were waiting for a date for the Tribunal . Can’t thank them enough, especially at Christmas time. How many more disabled people have had or are going through this shambles.??
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 155 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 796 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.