Hi, my name is zendave888! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is zendave888!

zendave888
zendave888 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello! I have AVN and are wondering if anyone else is out there?

Comments

• Namaa_Alumni
    Namaa_Alumni Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    edited December 2019
    Hello @zendave888 and a very warm welcome to the online community. 

My name is Namaa and I work at Scope, and will be here for a week to support the online community. 

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with ???
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @zendave888! Do you mind telling us what AVN is? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • zendave888
    Hi everyone. AVN is avascular necrosis. It is basically parts of healthy bone die. Mine has effected my hips. So have had each hip joint totally replaced. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zendave888 - Welcome to the community; it's great you joined us all. How are you since your total hip replacements? My friend had one done 3 years ago & hasn't looked back, so I hope you've made similar progress!
  • zendave888
    Thanks chiarieds. First replacement went well but unfortunately had complications with the second. As I’m 40 it’s been hard to accept that I can’t do everything I once could (martial arts). I live with chronic pain and know that I’ll most certainly need another set done eventually after these have worn out. I am thinking of applying for ESA as I’ve had to leave my job (security) due to ill health.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh, I'm sorry to read that. It must be frustrating having difficulty at such a young age, tho' I must admit I started to disintegrate disgracefully at your age (the result of a genetic disorder). I'd fractured my hip 5 months before my friend had his hip replacement, & he 'recovered' better than I, & we're the same age! Daily chronic pain is something I also live with, as well as many others here unfortunately.
    You might look at Personal Independence Payment if your mobility is affected & if you have difficulty with activities in daily life. There's some info here on Scope's website. See: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/benefits/personal-independence-payment/ If you would like more info on this, please say, & I'll send you further links.

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zendave888 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles.  I had an hip replacement in 2015 so can relate to what life is like after that and I suffer some pain too.  You will find the forum to be a really supportive space with lots of lovely, friendly people on it.  Please feel free to chat to us anytime and have a look around the site at your leisure.  There are lots of interesting discussions going so if any interest you then please just join in.  I look forward to seeing you on here and hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Namaa_Scope and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board!  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you on here.  Nice meeting you.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Namaa_Alumni
    Namaa_Alumni Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    edited December 2019
    Hello @Ails thank you so much, the community is fantastic. Sadly, I am only here till tomorrow, luckily it's Christmas soon and the new year shortly after. :) 

All the best to you too and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2020.  :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness