Hi, my name is schoolmum! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is schoolmum!

schoolmum
schoolmum Scope Member Posts: 122 Pioneering
Hi to all.I am new to the group....so please bear with me as not sure how yo post properly.
Had my f2f  2 weeks ago.wjth nurse.She was very nice and told me not to worry  would be okay when I was leaving room

She said she could see I was in pain so wouldn't do physical examination. I asked was she sure as I didn't mind but she said no....she had enough information.

Are these good signs or typical off hcp 
Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @schoolmum - Welcome to this very supportive community, & thank you for joining. Was your f2f for PIP? The HCP really shouldn't comment, as what she assess on the day then goes to a DWP Decision Maker, together with any medical information you may have given, etc,  for the DWP to decide about your claim.
    You can ask for a copy of the HCP's report, as the Decision Maker usually agrees with this, to check what points they may have given, & find what you may likely be awarded.
    If you have any further questions about this, please say, as there are others here with more knowledge than I.
  • schoolmum
    @chiarieds
    Thank you for your reply.
    It is for ESA. 
    The hcp didn't tell me I would get it she just said not to worry...i would be okay.
    I didn't have a physical examination she said she could see I was in pain and had enough information...it lasted an hour.

I was just wondering was having no examination and her comments a positive sign. Thank you

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @schoolmum    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We support members of our community. Help, advise and offer guidance, information.

Please can I give you some reassurance and hope this gives you some piece of mind.

I am disabled myself have pain from addiction, mental health issues.

Been claiming a long time.

Always refuse the physical even though insisted all medical assessors. No was the answer. Do not have to do.

With any assessments come a booklet this explains the situation.

Please if you are experiencing any anxiety or have a lot of the related symptoms.

I know a lot of associated problems with any assessment, not easy.

You could contact the following.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

https://www.mind.org.uk.

All are mental health charities useful and informative.

Offer floating support but most of important of all. Help with benefit situations, attending assessments. Plus your well being and health.

Something to consider.

They do take clientele with additional problems as well mental health.

Might not be in all areas.

Please if I can help or you need to know anything. Please ask.

We are compassionate have empathy and ready to listen.

I hope that gives a lot of reassurance and please can I wish you well for a positive outcome.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Not having a physical examination doesn't mean anything other than "it wasn't needed" all you can do at this point is request a copy of the assessment report. Once you receive that you'll be able to see what recommendations were made, they usually go with the report. If you don't understand what's recommended then post back here and someone will help you. You'll need to look at the LCW and LCWRA recommendations in the back of the report. Good luck
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @schoolmum and welcome to the community. I hope you hear back soon. Let us know how you get on. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • schoolmum
    @poppy123456
    @Adrian_Scope
    Thank you.
    I rang today but no decision yet. It's been with them since 3rd December. 
    Lady read out my report as still not received my requested copy.
    It sounded true and positive. Few things I remember were ....can only manage to walk 40 metres in 1 to 2 mins berry breathless. The end bit read something like...while planned hospital tests and treatment may improve I can see no improvement in the short term.
    I'm try and remember what else hca said in her report.
    Does this seem positive to you for maybe sg or wrag ...or none thank you

• poppy123456
    I really wouldn't like to comment on that without knowing exactly what the LCW and LCWRA recommendations are. Once you do receive it if you don't understand it please post back and someone will help you further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • schoolmum
    @thespiceman
    @chiarieds
    Sorry I forgot to add your names when I posted earlier 

I rang today but no decision yet. It's been with them since 3rd December. 
    Lady read out my report as still not received my requested copy.
    It sounded true and positive. Few things I remember were ....can only manage to walk 40 metres in 1 to 2 mins berry breathless. The end bit read something like...while planned hospital tests and treatment may improve I can see no improvement in the short term.
    I'm try and remember what else hca said in her report.
    Does this seem positive to you for maybe sg or wrag ...or none thank you
  • schoolmum
    Hca also wrote in report...something like.....was in pain. Weak hand grip.....breathless after walking into assessment room...looked frail and unwell. She listed and confirmed my chd osteiarthritis fibromyalgia ....all medication is what is expected for illnesses....on pain killers but only cocodamel as otheres would cause stomach problems. Can only mobilse 40 metre in 1 to 2 minutes cant use aid because if upper arm pain and weakness...doesn't drive anymore due to pain in feet and arthritis in neck and shoulders with limited movement....she kept saying something like as would be usual or in keeping with the the diagnoses.
    I'm really on pins and just hope for a positive result.and hooe I get report soon.
    Lady I spoke to today said as it's 14 days 9n Friday since they had hca report I can ring and ask for it to be emailed to a decision maker...not sure if this is correct though as some people seem to be waiting months.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @schoolmum - No worries, & thank you for tagging me. I've been through the PIP process but not ESA. So I have some understanding how PIP goes. Poppy is the one here who has a great knowledge of benefits, & I would have to agree with her last comment. I only hope it's not too long until you get your assessor's report, & hopefully before Christmas!
  • thespiceman
    edited December 2019
    Hello @schoolmum    Thank you for the reply.

Please if I can explain . This might help and give you reassurance some peace of mind.

Please can I ask did you contact any of the links I provided.

I do understand if you do not wish to contact them, they take clientele with any thing like disabilities and other conditions, plus mental health .

Anxiety and stress are related and can be harmful to health needing some professional help and support.

If you access the charities mentioned. They can and do a lot around Benefits including speaking to DWP or other welfare support. Intervention, speak on your behalf any appeals or assessments.

Form filling in.

I have been doing this a long time first started claiming left school around early Eighties signed on assessments continuous on a off. Periods of work then now since early Nineties.

Been claiming again all the assessments, medical physical and much more.

Every one has the experiences you going through right now.

The insecurities, fears have I said the right things. Anxiety plaguing my pain, I did not say anything about this or this.

You have done nothing wrong.

Remember this you a member of a our community wanting a result and there are always solutions or answers.

Another reason to contact mental health charities.

I used all three  for situations like this.

Helped me a lot.

All I know best thing I ever did, gave me my life back and reasons am here advising community members.

Please if you have any questions please ask.

Happy to help you a valued important member of our community.

My friends @chiarieds     @poppy123456   are here anytime. As I am just put our names like I have there username.

We can assist you and get in touch with you  means your not alone.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • schoolmum
    @poppy123456
    @chiarieds
    @Adrian_Scope
    @thespiceman
    Hi there everyone
    I have just rang dwp because still not had the nurses face to face report after requesting it.
    The gentleman said he would look into it.
    He came back and said a decision was made last week and he would look at it print it and send it to me with the nurse report.
    He went away for a while and I say worrying.....
    He came back and said I had 'passed ' and was put in a support group for a year and I was due a back payment from 22 August and it will be in my bank tomorrow.
    I am in absolute shock.....but won't believe it till I get the official letter.
    It is such a relief to get a decision in my favour.
    He couldn't tell me whst was in the decision makers report as he had printed it and sent 1st class post as post for today had gone.
    Is this usual as I am so relieved for being put in support group as I don't have to go for interviews.
    Thank you all for being so kind advising.x

• poppy123456
    Great news. Just so you're aware the timescale they give you is just a guide and nothing more. They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

You won't need to attend any work focused interviews and no further fit notes are needed from your GP. You'll receive extra money from the 14th week of your claim, if it's New style ESA you're receiving then it will be £111.65 per week.
  • thespiceman
    Hello  @schoolmum   pleased for you well done.

Best wishes, please we are here anytime you need a friend.

Thank your for kind words pleasure to help .

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • schoolmum
    @poppy123456
    @thespiceman
    Thank you for kind words
    I will keep my fingers cross that what he told me is correct.
    My gp fit note was for 3 months until March 2020.even though I don't have to send them should I still keep getting them for when I am having a renewal examination.
    He said it is back dated from 22 August and will be £ 670.86.........i have tried to work it out but doesn't seem correct.x

• poppy123456
    No, you won't need anymore fit notes, even when you are re-assessed. ESA support group is an ongoing award and doesn't ever end unless you're either found fit for work or placed into the WRAG.

To work out the correct backdated money, what date did you first start your claim?
  • schoolmum
    @poppy123456
    Not quite sure exact but was early May 2019. I get the money on a Thursday....next due 2nd of January 2020
    Does this group mean I am getting 10 pound Christmas bonus....maybe thst is included.x

• poppy123456
    Without knowing the exact start date of your claim it's impossible to tell you how much you would be owed but the £670 you were told by DWP sounds about right. Support Group pays an extra £38.55 per week but no disability premiums are available with New style ESA.
  • schoolmum
    @poppy123456
    Thank you poppy.il see if I can find letters telling me when was I started from.
    So is payment fron start if claim untill 14 weeks? They said it's from 22nd August which is a Thursday.do to Thurs 19th Dec when decidion was made is 17 weeks or to thursday or unil Tuesday 24th when payment will be made is 27 weeks 3 days......will that Christmas bonus be in this money.
    X
  • schoolmum
    @poppy123456
    Sorry....i have put 27 weeks when it should read 17 weeks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.