Reconsideration request — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reconsideration request

happyman
happyman Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
Hi, I am after some advice. I had my pip assessment many months ago, as some on here may have read. When i received the report i was shocked with all the lies and false information, and all the mistakes. It was like reading a report about someone else. Although i was advised to just put in a request for reconsideration, i am a proud person and could not let the matter drop.

I put in a complaint, and i also put in a reconsideration request and then I was advised to speak to my MP. I got a letter back three weeks ago about the reconsideration request saying they had received my request and that was about it. I did not receive anything about my complaint. However, today i received a letter from the independent assessment services saying they had received a complaint from my mp.

Makes me laugh that they ignore my complaint but only act when an MP got involved. They said the HP had been spoken to by their line manager but could not remember important things which is very puzzling because they have put it on the report. Basically the HP was covering themselves but anyone with 1% of brain would ask, well if you cannot remember have a look at the report you wrote and explain if that was accurate. But, basically the way the letter reads that the HP cannot remember what happened during the assessment.

For example, in the report it says they asked me if i wanted anyone in the room, they didnt, and when they were asked by their line manager, the HP said they could not remember if they asked me or not, so why is it in the report. I could go into more details but i would be hear all night.

Basically, the independent services have admitted that they and the HP have fallen very short of the standards that they expect. They said they came to this conclusion after two different departments looked at the complaint. They have now said they have written to DWP they have requested information from my doctors to forward to the DWP with recommendations to changes on the original report. They have said they cannot say if DWP will make any changes or not or if it will affect the desicion that has already been made.

They have only mentioned a certain number of my complaints. What they also said, was that they did request details from my doctor before my assessment but they did not arrive in time so they decided i needed a face to face consultation.

What i would like to know is, i requested a reconsideration request, so who deals with that, is it the independent services, or is that DWP.

Comments

• happyman
    Anyone got advice 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP deal with the MR request and a different decision maker will make another decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • happyman
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    DWP deal with the MR request and a different decision maker will make another decision.
    And if it’s anything like mine the reconsideration decision letter will be identical, word for word,  to the original decision letter I got, no mention of the additional evidence I provided...not surprised same happened to my husband for his first PIP claim, he won on appeal and contrary to what is often said on this forum,the panel definitely took on board all the faults with the assessor and her report...have only just realised this after getting all the paperwork out again to help with my appeal.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    And if it’s anything like mine the reconsideration decision letter will be identical, word for word,  to the original decision letter I got, no mention of the additional evidence I provided...not surprised same happened to my husband for his first PIP claim,

Nothing unusual as only 15% of MR decisions change as previously advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @happyman - in relation to your complaint it sounds like you got much the same letter as I did..

"The assessor cannot remember" is a standard response. What they're saying, I think, is that the assessor doesn't recall the particular assessment (since they do a lot of them) so they stand by the notes they made as being correct. 

Not dealing with all of the issues that are raised is another tactic. I believe that the first response is deliberately left incomplete so that if you query this then they will carry out what they describe as a "second and final look" - after that then the complaint is just filed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.