pip reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip reassessment

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
well i received a text this morning telling me my pip reassessment form is in the post. they could have waited till after xmas to send the text oh well can anyone tell me if i get a letter off my doctor telling pip i cant walk or travel or climb stairs, wether it will allow me to either have an home assessment or stop me having an assessment at all

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It won't stop the need for an assessment but it might/could get you a home visit
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,318 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Most people have face to face assessments so expect one of those, it's rare to have a paper based assessment.

When you receive those forms you should put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Despite the word review and the shortened form, you should treat this as a new claim. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Very best of luck @ollieandduke, please do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

• ollieandduke
    ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
    thank you all merry xmas xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.