Moving over to universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving over to universal credit

Options
Poppy12
Poppy12 Community member Posts: 66 Connected
Hello Im in the esa support group been in it for years. But what will happen when go over to universal credit will they put me in job seekers I would rather die than they make me work I'm so dreading it and don't think I'll cope bulling me 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You won't be placed onto JSA because it will be UC.

As you are in the Support Group for ESA then that award will be honoured in UC and you'll be placed into the relevant group when you move across. If it's the support group when you move then you'll be given LCWRA. You won't be any worse off than you are now because there will be transitional support protection in place so you won't be any worse off.

All this could be quite some time away and could be a couple of years yet, unless in the meantime a change of circumstances prompts a move. My advice for now is don't worry about it because worrying just causes stress.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.