Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Moving over to universal credit

Hello Im in the esa support group been in it for years. But what will happen when go over to universal credit will they put me in job seekers I would rather die than they make me work I'm so dreading it and don't think I'll cope bulling me 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You won't be placed onto JSA because it will be UC.

As you are in the Support Group for ESA then that award will be honoured in UC and you'll be placed into the relevant group when you move across. If it's the support group when you move then you'll be given LCWRA. You won't be any worse off than you are now because there will be transitional support protection in place so you won't be any worse off.

All this could be quite some time away and could be a couple of years yet, unless in the meantime a change of circumstances prompts a move. My advice for now is don't worry about it because worrying just causes stress.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.