Hi, my name is Positivitymighthelp! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Positivitymighthelp!

Positivitymighthelp
Positivitymighthelp Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, 
Just yet another newbie, not even diagnosed yet but already seeing a private consultant, I'm at the brick, first hand and wrist pain started in September and I'm about to lose it....
The pain becomes overbearing, I need to stick to my self made regime and if I go a wee bit off it because I'm not organised the pain paralyses me physically and emotionally.

I had osteparthitis in both my knees for years, luckily I managed to lose some significant amount of my overweight ( still a long way to go but I was pain free for a few weeks.  even stopped using morphine patches that I already had been prescribed. Then all of a sudden I started having pains in both my hands and wrists, I suspected CTS which I had many years back, I spoke to my doc, we checked my thyroid levels ( Hypo on meds) and it came back borderline overdosed. Luckily I have private health insurance so to speed things up I arranged an appointment with a really good consultant, I had an MRI with contrast a few days ago ( which was pure torture) now just awaiting to see this consultant again and hopefully get an answer and a plan of action to follow. 

This morning I could not even open a bottle of water to take my meds, I'm losing it, mornings are the worst, it gets easier during the day when I live hands a lot, but it takes longer every day to feel half way normal for a few moments every day.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Positivitymighthelp - Welcome to this great community, & thank you for joining. I'm very sorry to read about what you're going through right now. Pain is undoubtedly often very difficult to bear. I have chronic pain due to osteoarthrosis too + neurological pain, so do understand a little.
    The good thing is you've been able to arrange see a consultant in whom you have faith; hopefully they will know more to help you when you see him/her next. Do you know when that might be?
  • Positivitymighthelp
    Positivitymighthelp Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    thank you chiarieds for this warm welcome, I do appreciate your message more than you can imagine, I think 2020 is about changes and one was to join an online community to grow and find help and give help as well. 
    Happy new year to you! x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @Positivitymighthelp - A Happy, & hopefully a healthy New Year to you too. I hope you find this community a good place to be as I have certainly done. Please ask for any help as & when you might need it. Please also join in any discussions & offer your insight & help also, or just say here.
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Positivitymighthelp I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions. Glad to have you with us. The community is a lovely bunch so feel free to ask any questions, let us know if you need anything and we’ll be happy to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Positivitymighthelp

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

Yes “Pain” is very difficult to treat & much harder to get people to understand.

My “Chronic Pain” started the day after one of my many “Brain Operation’s” in 2005.

Since then I have travelled around the UK trying to get some help with it.

Oxford was my first stop. 
    Liverpool was my second port of call.
    Bristol came right at the end.
    Then back to Birmingham.

Following these I am no “further forward”

@steve51

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Positivitymighthelp! Great to have you with us. :)
    Scope

Brightness