Mandentary reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandentary reconsideration

Options
kopite64
kopite64 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
My Husband has. Cervical , Dystonia, Fibromayalgia and depression. He was on DLA and had to change to Pip. He got his reward of 10 points for daily and 10 points for mobility. He had been advised by his Dr to go to CBT. But there was no mention on this on his form from the acessor. He received no points on the planning and following a journey, even though he can’t do this unless someone is with him as he gets so anxious and think people are looking at him and this causes him distress. He was very anxious at the interview, but the acessor said he was fine, quite a few lies in the report. We are thinking of doing a MR, but scared incase they deduct points. We do have medical record saying about my husband going to CBT. Do you think this will be enough to help him to get points on the planning and following a journey. Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

When requesting the MR you do risk losing everything you already have, although most decisions remain the same but it has been known for people to lose points as well as gain points.

No one on an internet forum can tell you whether there's any risk to his current award by requesting the MR and for this you will need face to face expert advice from an agency near you.

It's unlikely that that CBT will help an award because future appointments are not classed as evidence.

If you do decide to request the MR then you should put this in writing stating where and why you think he should have scored those points. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to him.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because they won't be interested in any of those. You can't prove that he was very anxious during the assessment. Any complaints about the report should be sent to the health assessment providers. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kopite64
    Options
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @kopite64! Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome @kopite64. I'm sorry to hear about the results of your husband's assessment. I would echo the advice given up above and suggest you seek some face-to-face advice. You can find advice more local to you on Advicelocal. I hope that helps!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • kopite64
    Options
    Thank you. I phone CAB and they told me that it was up too us whether or not to do a mandatory reconsideration but it’s rare for them to deduct points. My husband has just had his tablets changed to a stronger dose. So we have decided to do an M R.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    kopite64 said:
    Thank you. I phone CAB and they told me that it was up too us whether or not to do a mandatory reconsideration but it’s rare for them to deduct points. My husband has just had his tablets changed to a stronger dose. So we have decided to do an M R.

Do be aware that they will only take into consideration how his condition was at the time the decision was made. Any worsening of condition will not be taken into consideration by DWP or the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kopite64
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.