Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My Husband has. Cervical , Dystonia, Fibromayalgia and depression. He was on DLA and had to change to Pip. He got his reward of 10 points for daily and 10 points for mobility. He had been advised by his Dr to go to CBT. But there was no mention on this on his form from the acessor. He received no points on the planning and following a journey, even though he can’t do this unless someone is with him as he gets so anxious and think people are looking at him and this causes him distress. He was very anxious at the interview, but the acessor said he was fine, quite a few lies in the report. We are thinking of doing a MR, but scared incase they deduct points. We do have medical record saying about my husband going to CBT. Do you think this will be enough to help him to get points on the planning and following a journey. Any help would be grateful.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 925 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.