Pension credit every fortnight and it was due today but it never arrived — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension credit every fortnight and it was due today but it never arrived

Options
casper1706
casper1706 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My wife and I are on disability benefits and carers we were getting pension credit every fortnight and it was due today but it never arrived it always came with our state pension, we were interviewed by pip but have not received any result yey

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,275 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2020
    Options
    HI and welcome,

It could be that a decision's been made on the PIP, which may have affected the benefits you receive. The only way to know your answer is to ring pension credit to ask, once you've done that then you'll need to ring PIP ato ask if a decision's been made.

Very often other departments find out a decision's been before we do because they share information with other departments.

If the worst has happened and there's been a refusal of the PIP or you're not happy with the decision then you have 1 month from that date to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) come back here and someone will give you further advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @casper1706 and welcome to the community. :)
    Did you ever find out why your pension credit wasn't paid? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • casper1706
    casper1706 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    My wife's mobility allowance was cancelled and pension credit reduced by £150.00 per week also her mobility allowance was dismissed altogether
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,275 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My wife's mobility allowance was cancelled and pension credit reduced by £150.00 per week also her mobility allowance was dismissed altogether
    A mobility award will have no affect on a pension credit claim, so that can't be the reason. It's the care/daily living award that may affect a pension credit claim. Was she claiming PIP or DLA and what was the reason why her award stopped?  Do you also have a PIP or DLA award? and does anyone else over the age of 18 live in your house with you?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.