Direct payments with the e-card - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Direct payments with the e-card

Options
2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so glad you felt about to say something @Rifi7! After having PA's full time for 3 years I know it can be so difficult when they are taking advantage. You are in charge and you deserve to have the best care possible.

I appreciate how hard it can be to look for someone else, but here is a guide to hiring a carer/PA which you might find helpful.  
    Scope

• Rifi7
    Rifi7 Community member Posts: 198 Pioneering
    Options
    Adrian_Scope. Thank you very much for your comment. Yes I feel empowered and once the timesheet comes I will feel more in control. If it wasn’t for this forum I would have never learnt about this timesheet, so thank you.
  • Rifi7
    Options
    Chloe_Scope
    thank you. 
    Thanks for the link about hiring a PA. I have put an advert for PA but unfortunately the only people I had contact me did not want to go on the payroll and none were self employed.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Rifi7 said:
    There’s no turning back now. I was weak and yes I felt vulnerable. After the lose of my twin brother I lost my confidence but now I feel strong and more like my old self.

Yourself, Chiarieds, Pollyanna and Spiceman are wonderful. You all offer something different. You are all assets to this forum. Despite what your going through yourselves you continue to offer advice and support.

A big thank you from me.

Thank you for the kind words! the PA advertising, when i employed my daughters PA payroll advertised on my behalf and then i interviewed them. Personally, i found it easier to let payroll do that and to manage some of the work like payslips and Tax extra. They contact me every 4 weeks by email, sending me her payslip and what amount needs to paid to HMRC as well as the amount to payroll. I just log onto the direct payments online banking and pay who i need to.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rifi7
    Options
    How did you find the people who offer this service. Care In Finance was sent to me from Social Services but they have not be great. I didn’t know about the timesheet until you mentioned it. I was told very little about how to find a PA. To be honest I was grieving at the same time this was going on and I don’t know how much I would have taken in. Hi 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They were recommended to me by my daughters social worker at the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I really hope you can find someone suitable soon, have you spoken to your social worker about this?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.