Rejected for pips. By givingup - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Rejected for pips. By givingup

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    I see the football association have cottoned on to mental health awareness, good for them. But, when is the nasty government going to get the message?!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Millsberry

I imagine this is still all pretty stressful @givingup. How are you doing at the moment?
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    Too stressed out for words. Can't cope much longer.
  • sh33psh34d
    sh33psh34d Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Just won mine for the 3rd time in 18mnths 
    All you need is to speak to the appeal court 
    If they hear differences from wots written and wot you say on the day .. the will fail you ....myself being housebound i had a hearing over the phone ......they asked me if I had the 50 odd pages off wot they sent me ....I told them I dont need to look at wot I've written as I've only ever put the truth 
    ......this in my opinion helped along with them having  somebody on the board that suffers with fibromyalgia to see if I was also showing positively that I suffer with it ........  truth to the right ppl will get you the outcome   ...please involve your local mp also if in anyway "capita/atos"  try to make you do things and catch you out ....apparently when I had 2 go in an ambulance when I saved my dads life because of a stroke ....CAPITA WROTE   "takes dad out on day trips"  I'm like **** 
    I won all 3 because 100% truth gets 100% results...if you add or change things they see it as liable and refuse 2 consider your answers ......it was a long process but I've picked up alot of info and been able 2 support and help friends in the same situation ......
    Sorry 2 bore you all but I hope I helped 
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    God, I feel so low, now idiots at TV licensing saying that my girlfriend didn't inform them that she was moving in with me and we did both tell them back in June 2019!!!! They been taking payments from my girlfriends account and we told them, they said they would repay her, but now they want details we don't have!!!
    Her TV licence was thrown away so we don't have the licence number!!!
    Everyone seems to want to kick me when I'm down, I'm getting very very very frustrated and angry and feel I want to strike out at the licensing people and the local Tory club !!!!!!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry you're feeling this way! May i ask why they are asking for TV licence number? There's other ways of proving details. Are they asking for proof of when she moved in with you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    Only thing we have is her bank statement which we don't want to send them or even a photocopy.
    They know damn well my girlfriends old address has new owners and I've always paid my own licence fee here where we both now live together!
    Too many braindeads in offices these days who don't know their a**e from their elbow!!!!!
    They have everything on computer at the BBC licence office!!!
    All they all care about is money not people!!!
  • poppy123456
    That really shouldn't be needed at all. All that's needed is for her to confirm bank details, previous address and proof of where she's living now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • [Deleted User]
    She told them that in December! 
    She won't let me contact them to give them both barrels.
  • poppy123456
    My TV licence is all done online and i receive an email with my licence attached. Much easier and a lot less hassle. This way if there's an issue it can be canceled online and a refund will be given.

If they are asking for bank statements i'm not sure why they are doing that but she may have no option but to send them what they are asking for.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    If you have a licence then why would they need anything from her at all. Like poppy I get mine in an email and it covers everyone in my home 
  • [Deleted User]
    It's before she moved in with me in June. They have been taking money out of her account since then , and we've told them numerous times !! There just robbing b*at**ds!
  • poppy123456
    Did she not notice before now that they have continued to take the money? She can cancel the direct debit also, which will cancel the licence.
  • [Deleted User]
    Sadly, no she didn't. We have a lot of problems with her mentally ill grandson, which distracts her from things.
    And me with my ill health as well doesn't help. They should just refund her the money, instead of paying millions to presenters etc!!
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @givingup - If I remember correctly the way TV licensing (with which I don't agree with personally) do refunds is a bit of a fiddle...

If you use a TV for one day then you need a TVL.

They do refunds for each used 'quarter' - so if you get rid of the telly the following day then they will only refund you 75%..

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2020
    I see channel 4 are doing a series of programmes regarding mental health , it's on tomorrow evening at 10pm.
    Were scope asked to be involved or not? Just wondered. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    What do people do for money whilst waiting a year for a pip tribunal?
    Obviously lost my dla and alot of esa and housing benefit when my girlfriend moved in. She also lost carers allowance when I was refused pips, so I'm so much words off!
    I will be struggling to pay rent bills food etc.
    Why should we have to move to a run down area full of undesirables, which will cause my mental health to go even more downhill!
    I know there's foodbanks but they won't solve my problems!
    Don't know how government expects people to cope?
  • poppy123456
    If your housing benefit is less than the amount of rent that you need to pay then it maybe possible to claim a discretionary housing payment (DHP) for this you will need to speak to your local council and ask them to send you a form. I would advise you to get some help to fill in the form because they are very complex. There's no guarantee that you will receive it and they are only paid for a short period of time and then you need to reapply. See link. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments

Hopefully the hearing date won't be too long.

• [Deleted User]
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.