Home Visit - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home Visit

Options
2»

Comments

• DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    Thought I would just update, my husband had his home visit and the assessor was very nice, it was a totally different experience to what my assessment was like at the assessment centre.  She listened and the assessment took about an hour (compared to mine which was rushed at 25 minutes).

He rang for a copy of the report and it seems, if the DWP go with the report, that he will get enhanced care (currently on standard) and enhanced mobility (already has this).  The report states no need for a review as she can’t see his conditions improving, so I’m guessing that he may get a 10 year review bearing in mind he reaches state retirement age this year.

Now when you consider he has arthritis in knees and two hip replacements and his problems with mobility are as good as identical to mine, and his claim form was also very similar to mine (I have arthritis in hips and back and 2 knee replacements) yet he received enhanced mobility and I received standard...and I’m back to that old chestnut...the only difference is I said I drive occasionally and he said he hasn’t driven for 2 years.....his assessor had a far better understanding of osteoarthritis though I must say.,my assessor was clueless.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DuffersMum, thank you for the update. I'm really glad your husband had a positive assessment. I can understand your frustrations, unfortunately two people could have the same conditions and be given different point due to the way it affects them.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.