Confusing Letter, I'm on ESA WRAG — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confusing Letter, I'm on ESA WRAG

Options
kenny1967
kenny1967 Community member Posts: 16 Connected
Hi,
I am presently on ESA WRAG. I have been for the past 4 years.  On 13th January I had my home WCA reassessment due to my mental health issues - anxiety/depression/Agoraphobia due to personal  sexual identity issues. The assessment was fine with my sister being present & assessment being recorded. The assessor was very pleasant & showed great empathy with my situation & it lasted around 25 mins.
I mention the WCA home assessment because I really don't know if it is related to a letter I received this morning or not.
The letter is just a one page (nothing on reverse) with "To help you back to work you have an interview" in bold at the top & arranged for Friday next week at my local JobCentre.  It seems a very generic letter with the managers name at end. 
But I'm very confused as it reads as though I'm on jobseeker's allowance - indicating they will look over my jobseeker's agreement & talk to me about training, jobs & other ways to help me back to work.

I do have Work focused interviews but these are always done over the phone with the same disabilities JobCentre advisor usually every 6mths  Altho I am due for another telephone work focused interview this letter is totally different? It's not highlighting it's a telephone interview nor is it from my usual disability advisor. It's worded as if I'm on receipt of jobseekers allowance (ie - it mentions  if this is your usual signing on day etc??)
Although my home WCA assessment was only a couple of days ago it's extremely odd or just coincidental timing. I'm going to ring my disability advisor on Monday as I'm so confused.
I'm also extremely stressed & anxious now - could a negative decision from my WCA trigger this?? A WCA that only only took place s couple of days ago?? (Incidentally after waiting 2 yrs in the first place for my home WCA) 
Although I'll be calling my disability JobCentre coach on Monday - is this something I should be concerned about?   Sorry for long post. My thanks in advance.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,039 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I would assume that if you had been found fit for work then you wouldn't have received a letter like that because JSA no longer exists for new claims, unless you're receiving a severe disability premium in another benefit. If even you were receiving that then you wouldn't just automatically transfer across this way.

My only advice to you is you'll need to ring them and ask why you've been sent that letter because they are the only ones that can tell you. I know this doesn't help you right now but they are open until 6pm, if you ring before they close then it will save all the anxiety you'll feel over the weekend.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kenny1967
    Options
    Thank you poppy. To be honest you must of read my sister's mind as my she turned up & she prompted me to call the DWP free phone number straight away.  She knew it would just make me anxious over weekend.
    Having spoken with them they said they would contact my local JobCentre to arrange a telephone appointment & my local JobCentre  would contact me to confirm this.
    I did mentioned my home WCA reassessment was only 3 days ago & was this appointment related to this. She said there is nothing on the system with regards to home assessment or decision as yet but she said it's far to early for that to be the case & cannot be related. 
    The advisor thinks I have been sent a JobCentre standard generated letter in error rather than the usual one I receive from disability coach for my usual work focused interview. 
    Altho it's put my mind to rest, I think I'll still contact my disability advisor on Monday as she is usually very supportive & helpful. 
    Thanks again

• kenny1967
    Options
    Just an update on this. My old JobCentre coach has now moved to another nearby office & a new person had took over her role. 
    He mistakenly sent out an old generic letter without reading my notes regarding telephone interviews. 
    He is calling at 4pm today. Just updating on why I received this letter. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear this @kenny1967! Thank you for updating us. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.