Another face to face appointment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Another face to face appointment

Shortstuff82
Shortstuff82 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone my partner had a face to face appointment the beginning of January as he was told to apply for pip as he was dla 
we went to the appointment and a couple of days after received a text saying to give the centre a call regarding his appointment ... I tried numerous times but no answer ... now yesterday received another appointment letter to attend a face to face appointment this will be a second one and I don’t understand why 
could anybody explain please I’ve tried to search on google but can’t find anything  at all regarding a second face to face 
thank you for reading This 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Are you sure the first appointment he attended was a PIP assessment? Does he claim any other benefits like ESA? May i ask what assessment providers the letter is from?

If it was definitely a PIP assessment he attended and this new letter is from the same company then he needs to keep trying to ring the number that's on the letter you received about the appointment. Sometimes it can be difficult to get through to them.

It has been known for people to be sent for another assessment but it's rare for this to happen. If it does then there will be a reason for it but unfortunately, we can't tell you what that reason is. When you ring, you need to tell them that he's already attended an assessment at the beginning of January. It may also be worth ringing DWP/PIP to tell them everything about what's happened here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shortstuff82
    Hi thank you for your reply
    the letter has been sent by independent assessment services Atos no he doesn’t claim anything else and it’s definitely from pip .. a letter also also arrived the same day saying they want more information ... but seriously having a face to face is suppose to be their chance to do this ... I found it very strange they require another ... it’s very stressful but thank you for your response 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome,

Sometimes more information is required even after a face to face assessment but sometimes they ring to speak to the claimant to get this information. It could be that the HCP who did the assessment left before they completed the report, if this happened then it could be the reason why there's not enough of information.

Unfortunately, i can only guess the reasons why but they will be able to give you more information. Try ringing again early tomorrow morning when they open and you may have more chance of them answering the phone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Shortstuff82 - & welcome to the community. I had a similar experience to your partner when I had to move from DLA to PIP. I had a face to face assessment, then a few days later, as Poppy mentions sometimes happens, I had a 15minute phone call going over some of the questions I'd already answered. For some reason the first assessor disbelieved I had a wet room, was one point!
    Then a few days later I got a letter saying I had to go to an assessment. I rang up thinking it was a clerical error, but they said I needed to have a second assessment. I never did find the reason why. When I asked for a copy of the second assessor's report, I also asked for one relating to the first assessment. They said there was nothing on the system about the first one.
  • Shortstuff82
    Ok thank you for your reply I will call them tomorrow and see what’s what ... was the second one the same kinda thing as the first assessment ? It’s so stressful 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, yes. I thought I might just have to answer a few questions, but I had a full assessment. It was stressful waiting for the 2nd assessment, but at least I thought I had an idea about what the assessment would be like. So I tried to be philosophical about it, thinking at least it gave me a 2nd chance to describe how my disabilities affect me. It was in the same town, but at a different place, with another assessor, who was lovely.
    My best wishes, & please let us know how you get on. :)
  • Shortstuff82
    I will do and many thanks for your time and help x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.