Can’t work at the moment due to chronic pain - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can’t work at the moment due to chronic pain

2»

Comments

• avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Oh I see, yes this one is work to see what I can do and what I can’t do, 

hopefully when I phone back on Friday as they said too they would of had my questionnaire form back and if an appointment is needed I can book it. 
  • avakarlsson
    I check my journal everyday and put my sick note days on my updated and send my fit note to my local jobcentre. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Once an appointment date becomes available they will contact you. You seem very anxious, even though you've only just returned the form. You need to expect it to take several weeks or more for a HCP to even look at the form and any evidence you sent. I know it's difficult but try to forget about it, until you hear something from them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    I will do Poppy and wait to hear, it’s just that I only get SSP 
  • poppy123456
    I totally understand that, i also remember that you receive daily living PIP too, which will help. Even if the decision on the work capability assessment is LCWRA you won't receive any extra money until the 4th month of your claim because a waiting period applies before you receive it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • avakarlsson
    Yes I get my pip every 4 weeks, oh I thought you get it once you get universal credit and extra amount they add it up then the payment goes in your bank account each month. Not where it’s not done straight away and you have to wait. 
  • poppy123456
    You need to meet the criteria first to be given LCWRA, you're not just awarded it.

In some cases there's no waiting period but in your case the waiting period will apply and it's 3 months, which starts from when you sent your first fit note but it's not paid until the 4th month of your claim, if you're awarded it. The reason it's not paid until the 4th month is because UC is always paid in arrears.

If the decision takes longer than that time then you'll be back dated any money owed, providing the decision is LCWRA.

Complicated and i'm not going to confuse you anymore. Once the decision is made, if you need further advice then post back on the forum and someone will advise you.

• avakarlsson
    Hopefully I won’t need to go to the assessment but I think I will need to have the assessment done. I started in October the universal credit claim. 
  • avakarlsson
    I started sending fit notes in September when I send the fit notes to my local jobcentre. 
  • poppy123456
    You need to expect the assessment because most people have them. I think i've given you all the advice i can give you for now but good luck with the assessment and hopefully you won't be waiting too long.
  • avakarlsson
    Thank you for the information, yes hopefully I will hear from DWP shortly 

Brightness