PIP Tribunal Disaster - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal Disaster

2»

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    One other anything memory not sure write it down and use it as a guide.

When your an alcoholic memory lapse evident, lights on leaving switches on and sometime memory senior ones.

Also make a checklist of anything  you need to do night time or evening or morning to do with your routine taking meds.

Use the diary page a day.

Hope that helps .

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • NotSoSerious
    NotSoSerious Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    ilovecats said:

Clearly in this case (rightly or wrongly) the tribunal could not establish a medical need (or functional restriction) for the use of these aids in this persons case.

I don't think this panel would have been able to find chips in a fish and chip shop though to be fair. For their tone, they had made up their minds long before I got there, the doctor, after asking his questions looked disinterested, just looked like he switched off. In the case of the pill box, who knows, I have explained why I use it in an above post, but that's not really medical, but it's also not a choice, or for my own convinence, it's because I do forget.

@thespiceman a diary sounds like a good idea, I have tried in the past, then I get distracted, so bad at keeping focused, and getting into a routine. I can try it again, I do like the idea.
    "It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life."
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @NotSoSerious   Thank you for reply. Buy a bright red or brightly coloured one. Page a day.

We all of us get distracted but meds if you don't use them or forget the body can be effected.

Headaches, nausea and other signs dizzy become evident.

I am up and about now diary look every day a routine, with out it my day falls apart.

Glimmer of hope the one aid I use, I forget to add used this and have done . Put on forms even my support worker asked me, will do that.

Photocopied evidence a weeks worth, included on the pages.

Sell by dates, produce add other things I forget and things like that are in my opinion may be relevant.

After all I do know need to use that item up.

Also add in dates, appointments, house work duties, ironing other wise be no clothes end up in my lounge pants all day.

Washing up and other tasks freezer, fridge preparation when delivery arrives from TESCO.

All frozen produce is put in to zip or clip bags portioned ready for use, saves a lot of space.

All freezer produce comes in bags once undone spillages, not a lot of room.

Do this with frozen meat tin foil wrapped even frozen, still do it portion it.

Label..  Everything, bread and bread products.

I have to do this because first saves me money, second wastage we buy these products and why waste money if not eating.

Also add in diary freezer meals for my self, Meatballs, Chicken Broth, Ragu Sauce and much more in to tin foil containers.

I have no family or friends only on here.

Live alone see no one most weeks , only time taxi drivers and the TESCO delivery ladies, gents who are good to me.

Hope that inspired and helps you, please anything else to do with routines, schemes, plans and time savers.

I am always here, one other try to be thinking positivity. I do get distracted restless only because I need to fill my days with a routine, things to heal me.

Understand every one is different but life is that what you wish to make of it.

One important achievement you have done is reaching out, be here.

All of us have walked a mile in your shoes. Happy to be supportive, although we have the knowledge, expertise.

It is up to you to act upon it and be responsive. No one like telling a valued member what to do ,but I have to be listening if others whom.

I am following looking up to know more than me.

Have respect much love, care and concern for the members of our forum who have given the inspirations the wisdom and much more.

The guidance the important reassurance. Write it down and use it to use as references.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.