Research on Private Rental — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research on Private Rental

Options
anthuriumproperties
anthuriumproperties Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone.  

I’m looking for some help and feedback from wheelchair users who are looking for, having issues with private rental properties. 

We are a private property letting company, looking to convert some studio flats and one bed flats to make them accessible and available to wheelchairs users.  

What I want to know is what is important to you?  This is not about the cost of rent, this is about what would make a rental property appeal to you. 

If you would be interested in completing a survey, (link to follow) I would be really grateful for your input. 

Thanks

Kelly Dean 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

I have a disability and would be happy to take part in that survey.

I do have a question for you though, are you a letting agency that accepts those that claim DSS? I'm not saying all disabled people claim benefits but a lot of them certainly do and it's almost impossible these days to find a landlord/agency that accepts us.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @anthuriumproperties and welcome to the community. We'll be happy to have a look at your survey. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I’m happy to take part too! 
  • forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 502 Pioneering
    Options
    Very interested - one issue that immediately comes to mind is that a one bedroom flat is only any good for a single person with no care needs (ie no need of any live in help) or a couple with no dependents.  What about wheelchair users with higher support needs , or families?  In our experience there is virtually nothing in a large northern city that has 2 bedrooms and is accessible...it's all sttudio flats

• Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    as has already been said one big problem is the fact that many private landlords will not take people on benefits, I recently looked to move closer to my partner in warwickshire and found nothing suitable at all 

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.