losing sdp possiblility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

losing sdp possiblility

mazzer73
mazzer73 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi my son is currently on pip if loses at renewal he has adhd.asd.dyspraxia, Im thinking they will say he can be a carer does this mean we would lose our couples sdp, or would we be entitled at single rate still  if lose sdp would we have to claim universal tax credits as not sure how we would stand under the sdp gateway ,

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,939 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

If he's not awarded the daily living PIP then you would both lose the SDP. If you are both single people but living in the same household then you won't be claiming the couple rates, you would be claiming the single person rate of £65.85 each per week.

This won't prompt a move to UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.