ESA cont to income and letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA cont to income and letter

Options
s1m0n
s1m0n Community member Posts: 5 Connected
HI wondering if someone could help.

I had an esa work related assessment back on 24tyh December and just received my letter today.

First off it states future work capability assesments: We won't ask you to go for another assesment unless there is a change in your helth condition.

Does this mean no more assesments ? if so this is life saver i have had so many in the last 2 - 3 years I even had one the day I came out of hospital after my spinal op ;/.

Second of all I have always been on ESA contributions based for like 9 years IB/ESA C but the letter now sates Income based. I phoned the DWP to ask for this they said that due to income and contributions I am not part paid contributions and the rest income related and for all purposes i can now get prescriptions and dental .  I always thought I would be contributions based do they often do this ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It sounds like you’ve been placed into the severe conditions group which does indeed mean no more reassessments, brilliant news!

As you were transferred from IB to ESA then part of your claim will always be contributions based but you have an income related top up. This means that you will be entitled to free nhs prescriptions, dental and eye tests. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • s1m0n
    s1m0n Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    nice thank you for the reply.

So to confirm because im on contributions and income related I can now claim prescriptions eye and dental ?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,051 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. Yes, that's correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @s1m0n, please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.