underpayments ESA payments
Good morning. I need some advice regarding my ESA.
Until September 2015, I was getting Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits too. Hence, my ESA allowance was reduced accordingly.
When I stopped receiving the IIDB, I contacted ESA to let them know and to reassess my allowance but they asked me for a confirmation letter from the IIDB. I requested the letter several times over the years as I couldn't find the one I received previously but they never sent me the letter.
On February last year, while going through all the benefits documents I found the letter from the IIDB confirming that they were going to stop it. Hence, I sent a letter to the ESA together with the tribunal decision but I never received a reply till today but they are only giving me back payments from February 2019.I am wondering, if I am entitle to back payments since my IIDB was stopped in Sept 2015 or only since the ESA received my letter in Feb 2019
- 54K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 154 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 795 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 687 Chronic pain and pain management
- 705 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.