underpayments ESA payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

underpayments ESA payments

Options
morena_1971
morena_1971 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

Good morning. I need some advice regarding my ESA.

Until September 2015, I was getting Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefits too. Hence, my ESA allowance was reduced accordingly.

When I stopped receiving the IIDB, I contacted ESA to let them know and to reassess my allowance but they asked me for a confirmation letter from the IIDB. I requested the letter several times over the years as I couldn't find the one I received previously but they never sent me the letter.

On February last year, while going through all the benefits documents I found the letter from the IIDB confirming that they were going to stop it. Hence, I sent a letter to the ESA together with the tribunal decision but I never received a reply till today but they are only giving me back payments from February 2019.

I am wondering, if I am entitle to back payments since my IIDB was stopped in Sept 2015 or only since the ESA received my letter in Feb 2019

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

If you were entitled to the extra money in 2015 then yes you will be able to claim it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @morena_1971, please do let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.