Pip timescale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip timescale

Options
ipp2375
ipp2375 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hi i applied for pip on 8th october 2019 and had my 1st assessment on 9th december 2019, but was refused an assesment as they said i was too unwell, had my 2nd assesment 3rd January 2020. How much longer will it be normally for a decision?
In the mean time i was asked to go for an assessment for universal credits on 9th january 2020, and yet again told too unwell to be assessed. 
Does anyone know times scales for things? Thankyou very much for your time .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

There's no timescales for any decision. As you've not had the assessment for PIP you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

For your work capability assessment for UC, did your GP state you were not well enough to attend the assessment and did you cancel the one on the 9th or did the health assessment providers cancel it?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ipp2375
    ipp2375 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    Hi it was the assesment lady for pip that refused to asses me the first time,and then i had a pip assesment at home.
    And the uc assesment lady said she couldnt asses me as too unwell,but said she would send a report anyway.
    Sorry to ask, who would i call to get a copy of my assesment.thanks again 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    For your PIP assessment report its DWP you need to ring.

You can ring the health assessment providers for an update and if a paper based assessment has been completed they will tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • LMcC89
    LMcC89 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Sorry not sure if I’m posting in correct place. I’m currently dealing with a pip claim for my mam she has had her assessment 3 weeks ago and told 4/6 weeks and it will be back dated ( the dwp says 6/8weeks?? We are at the 20 week mark in total, I have rang and asked for a copy of the report that should be in the post I hope, how soon after your assessments have you all heard back?? 
    TIA 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    LMcC89 said:
    Sorry not sure if I’m posting in correct place. I’m currently dealing with a pip claim for my mam she has had her assessment 3 weeks ago and told 4/6 weeks and it will be back dated ( the dwp says 6/8weeks?? We are at the 20 week mark in total, I have rang and asked for a copy of the report that should be in the post I hope, how soon after your assessments have you all heard back?? 
    TIA 

HI and welcome,

There's no timescales, which is why you were told 4-6 weeks by the HCP and 6-8 weeks by the DWP. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.

If she's transferring from DLA there's no backdated money. If it's a first time claim then it's backdated to the date she rang to start her claim. If it's review it's from the date of the decision. If it's a change of circumstances then if she's awarded a higher rate and she had those conditions for at least 3 months then it's backdated to the date she rang to report those changes.

As the report has been requested this will give her some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Look for the dots next to the activities and use the PIP descriptors online to see what score maybe recommended.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.