Pip f2f report - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip f2f report

2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    I have to totally agree with @cristobal here. In my opinion you're missing the point.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    When i first claimed for PIP for my daughter i was asked if i wanted a DWP representative to come to my home to help fill out the form.. i said, thanks but no thanks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tina77
    tina77 Community member Posts: 22 Listener
    cristobal said:
    @tina77 - PIP is about how a condition affects individuals carrying out day to day tasks.

Information leaflets are general - not about how a condition affects a particular person - which is why they aren't any use..

Personally I still think that you're going at this the wrong way...better, IMO, to forget about IDPs, X Boxes,and videos and just emphasis what tasks your son has difficulty with.

eg can he prepare a meal? If not why not? Can he do it if you help him? Can he dress himself? etc etc

Edit - a further thought. I don't remember if telling the time is covered by PIP but if you say that your son knows that if he leaves at 0810 and gets somewhere at 0900 it's 50 minutes be careful that the DWP don't assume that he can do simple budgeting - i.e. £1 less 70p = 30p change as it's quite similar..
    It was a typing error on here he cant tell the time I used that as a example but didnt check what a wrote . No he cant cook he has no science patients or the skills required to do it as he is still many years behind a average child his age . 
  • tina77
    @crystolbal yes I understand your point . But how they can say he didnt have a statement and about his cognitive skills? He needs support from another person to do most day to day things safely . I do realise this will end up being appealed and I do realise it is my fault for not doing it right from the start . It's just by losing this we will not be able to keep going ahead with the direct payment we were trying to get for him as I wont be able to pay the extra amount.  It's going to put us in a right pickle . I'm not very literate so bare with my spelling ect . I am greatful for all your help and do take everything onboard 
  • poppy123456
    Why can't he do those activities? why does he need the support he receives? does he need prompting/assistance  to bath/shower? if so then why does he need this. If he wasn't prompted/assisted then what would happen if he had to do this activity alone? give some real life examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity. Then do exactly the same for each activity the applies to him.

I realise that all the contradictions/lies are very hurtful and your angry but pointing them out is not going to help you.

• cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @crystolbal yes I understand your point . But how they can say he didnt have a statement and about his cognitive skills? He needs support from another person to do most day to day things safely .

@tina77 - your spelling is fine...

My only suggestion really is leave it for a day or two and try and put it to the back of your mind. Don't worry about who said what.

Then, in a couple of days, have a look through the different activities and see what your son can/ can't do.

Go through them one at a time, maybe use a page for each.

For example - you said that he can't prepare a meal. Can he not do it all? Can he open tins, butter bread? Can he use a hob? If not explain why. You say he is 'many years behind' other children - how far? Mine could 'cook' with supervision at 7 or 8. Can he do this?

Do this for each one - maybe a couple per day.

If you're worried about spelling then type it out when you've finished and use spellcheck.

Get someone - maybe a friend - to help you.

Post on here again if you need further help (but not about statements and X box!)
  • tina77
    cristobal said:
    @crystolbal yes I understand your point . But how they can say he didnt have a statement and about his cognitive skills? He needs support from another person to do most day to day things safely .

@tina77 - your spelling is fine...

My only suggestion really is leave it for a day or two and try and put it to the back of your mind. Don't worry about who said what.

Then, in a couple of days, have a look through the different activities and see what your son can/ can't do.

Go through them one at a time, maybe use a page for each.

For example - you said that he can't prepare a meal. Can he not do it all? Can he open tins, butter bread? Can he use a hob? If not explain why. You say he is 'many years behind' other children - how far? Mine could 'cook' with supervision at 7 or 8. Can he do this?

Do this for each one - maybe a couple per day.

If you're worried about spelling then type it out when you've finished and use spellcheck.

Get someone - maybe a friend - to help you.

Post on here again if you need further help (but not about statements and X box!)
    Thank you for your kind words . I have actually made myself so bad through this I have been sick a few times today with worry . I have spoken to the senco and she explained everything amazing to me . She is going to do a letter up on what aaron could and could not do and explain on his form of statement ( sorry I will not mention it again ) . Also yes I do actually believe he could do things but with supervision and guidance and I shall be putting that to the test in the coming week. For now I have done everything I can ( which I should of done at the start ). I will post all the extra evidence in next week once it's all collected then try to forget about it and start building up my reconsideration.  Thank you all again for putting up with my stupidity .
  • poppy123456
    I would advise you to send the evidence with the MR letter once the decision is made.
  • tina77
    I would advise you to send the evidence with the MR letter once the decision is made.
    Hi the dwp have asked for it after I raised my concern about the f2f . They also said to send all other evidence I can get so that it will all be there for the decision maker . Wouldn't all the evidence support his original claim ? Hopefully it wont need a reconsideration if the evidence is taken into account in the first place ? 
  • poppy123456
    Usually they go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it and for the report to be returned to the HCP is there's contradictions between what's written and the evidence BUT this is rare.
  • tina77
    Ok thank you . They have asked for it and noted it on the computer so I will send it in . Also there is plenty of contradictions ready for a mandatory reconsideration.  They told me yesterday there is now a 8 weeks waiting time but to get all the evidence in within the next 2 weeks . I have to also put his ni ontop of everything and write a letter along side it . They said that no decision will be made by the assessor report alone and that all evidence is taken into account . I will be quite for now but hope that I can come back for support in how to do the mandatory reconsideration ( if needed ) . Also I might go to catch up to help . I really do feel gutted that i didn't do all this at the start but i thought that the basic information was enough . Thank you all again tina 
  • poppy123456
    Pointing out the contradictions in the report will not help the MR or Tribunal. Reading back through the thread will help because you've been given some good advice.

They may well look at the evidence before making a decision but regardless, it's still rare for them to go against the report, which is why it's written.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Tina, as a Mum you have just done the best you could for your son; PIP claims are misunderstood by many, unfortunately. I'm so sorry to read it's caused you so much worry.
    It seems you may have been given the opportunity to send supportive evidence to further your son's claim before the DWP Decision Maker makes their decision, but as Poppy advises, they may still go with the assessor's report.
    Again, as advised, talking about contraindications in the assessor's report, will certainly not help should you need to do a Mandatory Reconsideration, rather an understanding of the PIP 'descriptors,' which Poppy has given above.
    Please know that Poppy has a great understanding of PIP, as well as other benefits, & has given you the best possible advice.
    Also know, we are all trying to support you both in our different ways, & of course it's alright to talk here absolutely any time. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @tina77. I'm really sorry you feel the assessment report didn't accurately represent your son and his care needs. As @chiarieds said, please know we're all here to support you any time.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.