Wca booking over phone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Wca booking over phone

Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
Didnt know they did this. They called this morning. Would I like to come in this afternoon for my WCA. I cant for a variety of reasons, and they were fine about it, but didnt realize they did this.
I really couldn't do it without some advance warning, sure many people couldn't.

Comments

• Kev2020
    Kev2020 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Hi thanks for sharing. I have only ever had a phone call regarding cancellations.

Hope it all goes well.

Kev
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi it is normally by letter, but I presume they made a call with it being short notice. I think they probably had a cancellation and were trying to fill the slot.
  • Bettahm
    @janer1967
    @Kev2020
    I didnt take it. One reason, my back is out at the mo, and two, I have bad anxiety and just that phone call has upset things.
    Just hope it was a one off.
    Thanks both of you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I agree with @janer1967 here, they will do this if they have a cancellation. I don't blame you for not going though, i'm the sort of person that likes to plan things in advance. Hopefully next time they will give you more notice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bettahm
    @poppy123456
    There was no way I was going for a few reasons. Dont like surprises, and as you say, do like to know what I'm doing and when.
    I would be surprised if they got anyone to fill the slot if it was a cancellation then.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Franstrahan, it does sound like it would have been a cancellation.
    A friend of mine has been waiting on a WCA since June 2019 and got a text message yesterday reminding them to attend on the 6th of Feb. When they called to query, they were told that it was a cancellation slot and a letter was coming out to them. Rather short notice after waiting for so long and not the most welcome news. Hopefully you'll have a bit more notice with the next one. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Bettahm
    @Adrian_Scope
    I almost certainly wouldn't take a WCA at short notice.
    Hoping they dont take that route again. I guess we have the right to refuse it though, as that's what I did.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.