Motability Car - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motability Car

Comments

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I`m sure no-one would be judged as their entitlement to a Motability car by a dealer.

He just wants your business and to tick he has done his job!

tcellmutation.....what type of car are you getting? It is exciting!
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Just PIP letter and driving license required :) Car ordered!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    What did you pick @tcellmutation?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tcellmutation
    edited February 2020
    What did you pick @tcellmutation?
    Mini Countryman 2.0 S Exclusive 

:)
    Leather heated seats. Sat Nav with touchscreen infotainment. Apple CarPlay etc. Live traffic updates. All sorts. Happy! 
    Came to 30K :open_mouth:  
  • tcellmutation
    This is awkward...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Beautiful car! I did test drive one for 48 hours but sadly decided it wasn't quite right for me.

What is awkward?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tcellmutation
    Garage just called me. Expected to be with them in 4 weeks. Sweet! Now just to save for the advance payment... :#
  • poppy123456
    Have fun when you do receive it.... ahh that new car smell :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That looks like a beautiful car @tcellmutation!! 
    Scope

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Congrats!!! Lovely choice. I went for the 3 door Cooper S but the regular Mini hatchback, not the Countryman, and I love the car. If yours is similar to mine I think you will really like it.
  • tcellmutation
    edited February 2020
    Cheers! Now i need to build up energy to make use of it. I think it’ll initially be fun but then drain me mentally. Must think positive! It’ll be great getting to the hospital and back much quicker. I pretty much live there. That will be a huge plus indeed. A summer day out. It’ll be with it  :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Good choice @tcellmutation. Not long until you'll be driving in style. Very jealous!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tcellmutation
    edited February 2020
    This is my car. Obviously right hand drive. Oh and black roof racks...I think

18 months no driving. Very excited guys!
  • 66Mustang
    Wow nice!!!!!!!!!!!! I like the white seats!
  • tcellmutation
    :) doesn’t matter if they turn blue from jeans over time. Only a 3 year car ;)
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    :) doesn’t matter if they turn blue from jeans over time. Only a 3 year car ;)
    You got it! BMW (Mini)/Jaguar white/cream leather seats are atrocious for transferring dye especially from jeans. I had a 520 BMW M Sport with white leather and got rid of it after 12 months for that reason. Then bought a new Jaguar XE which had the same problem so then after 2 years of weekly cleaning I bought a  Range Rover Evoque that has black leather - brilliant, you don't notice it.

Trying to keep them clean is hard work although the little bottle of leather cleaner that comes with the BMW works well. 
  • 66Mustang
    Out of curiosity what’s it like driving after not having driven for 18 months?

Did you go for the manual or auto?

I think the engine is the same 192hp 4 cylinder unit as the one in my Cooper S. It really goes along very nicely and sounds good too. Also the official MPG was 43 but we got mine up to 58 on a steady run in green mode. Yours may be a little less due to the extra weight but you still may get 50ish. Crazy for a car that’s meant to be a sporty car!! :)

PS I’d make some effort to keep the seats clean as if you keep the car for 3 years and then hand it back you get £600 if it’s in good condition! Pays for the AP on your next car, or some of it at least!  :D
  • tcellmutation
    I didn’t test drive it haha! I know I’ll like it. Not fussy. Went for manual 189bhp. 0-62 in 7.6 seconds. I’ll definitely look into buying some decent seat cleaner. Didn’t realise about the £600 good condition hand-back. My deposit is £750
  • 66Mustang
    edited February 2020
    I’m very excited for you!

The cars have loads of really cool little features. The lights around the central display gradually light up as the engine revs faster for example.

Also you can hold down the unlock key on the key fob and the windows all come down...

Oh and the S models have a rev matching function which I really like. You can change down gears and come off the clutch immediately and the change is super smooth. :D

If you want any help or advice when you get it just PM me I’m happy to help out!
  • poppy123456
    I didn’t test drive it haha! I know I’ll like it. Not fussy. Went for manual 189bhp. 0-62 in 7.6 seconds. I’ll definitely look into buying some decent seat cleaner. Didn’t realise about the £600 good condition hand-back. My deposit is £750

Wow i must admit, you're very brave choosing a car without the test drive first.

I test drove the exact same model for 48 hours and i can tell you, it's very fast and very comfortable. Easy to use infotainment system too. The only downside for me was the very heavy steering and in the end i decided against it for this reason.

I lost my driving license because of medical reasons for 9 years quite a few years ago. When i got my license back, it was very easy to get behind the wheel again, you never forget!

Have fun in that car!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.