PIP Review form with the Case Manager — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review form with the Case Manager

Cloud
Cloud Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi,
I sent back my PIP review form in December 2019.  I thought I'd get an acknowledgement that they had it and that it will take x amount of weeks.
But up until now have heard nothing.  So today I rang to get an update.
I was told that it is with the Case Manager.  
Does anyone know at what stage this is?  I thought that the Case Manager was the one that makes the decision?  But can anyone confirm please?
Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Yes they do make decisions but if an assessment report hasn't been written then a decision can't be made. Sometimes there's a delay in sending a file to the health assessment providers. During my daughters last PIP review it took DWP 11 weeks to send everything to the health assessment providers.

Did you ask if an assessment report has been returned? If it has then it's paper based assessment you've had, which is rare but it does happen. If no report has been returned then no decision will be made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cloud
    Thank you Poppy123456. No I didn't think to ask that. 
    I get extremely nervous on the phone due to my anxiety.  I will try to ring again on Monday and ask that question.  At least then I will know one way or the other if it will be paper based on a face to face interview coming up.

I thought a Case Manager could make a decision if there was enough evidence?  But didn't realise that it still has to go off to get an assessment report.

I sent a lot of evidence, reports from 4 of my consultants and a recent letter from my nuerosurgeon.  Also confirmation that my nuero condition is progressing and can not improve.
    I am hoping it will be paper based.  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @Cloud. Were you able to give them a call yesterday? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cloud
    Hi Adrian_Scope.
    Yes I called back.  My anxiety was quite bad...
    I managed to ask if there was an assessment report.  To which they said 'Have you had an assessment?'  To which I replied 'no'.  She said 'well you'll have to wait until they contact you.'
    End of conversation. 
    I was too anxious to ask anymore.  But it looks like I will have to wait for the assessors to contact me?
    I did wonder why it was with a Case Manager though as my initial call confirmed.
    Does it always initially go to a case manager first?

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    My OH's review was done over the phone with a DM from the DWP, 5 minute chat and he gave her the same award for another two years. I'm sure this is unusual, but might be the way they go forward?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    My daughters review form went to the case manager first and then it was sent to the health assessment providers about 11 weeks after DWP received it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    Case Mangers are clueless when it comes to medical or health issues hence why they will want to seek advice first and based on that advice make a decision. Sometimes the advice is simple in saying that they are happy with what was shown on the review form and any evidence that was sent in.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cloud, just wanted to check in to see how you were doing? :)
    Scope

• Cloud
    Hi Chloe_Scope,
    Thank you.  I still haven't heard anything at all.
    I am wondering 'why' it was with a case manager though.......Does it normally goes to a case manager first?

• poppy123456
    Sometimes it does yes, as did advise my daughters did. It will eventually be sent to the health assessment providers.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes this can happen @Cloud, I hope you don't have to much longer. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.