How long for back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for back pay?

donna214
donna214 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I won dla appeal on Tuesday 4feb and got a phone call today asking about bank details just wondering if any one know how long I’m wating for back pay 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm one of the community champions here on scope and i'm here to help and advise others.

Great news. It can take 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money but as they've asked for bank details hopefully it won't be too long but you'll need to ring DWP to ask them because only they can tell you when to expect payment into your bank.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • donna214
    Is that the same length of time for a child 
  • donna214
    And thank u that helpful 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

It's the same for all Tribunal decisions. There's really no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • donna214
    Okay that’s fine when she rang me up yesterday saying u be sent a letter out once I received it it shud tell me what date to expect my payment 
  • poppy123456
    As i advised, as they've asked for bank details it's likely you'll receive payment soon but you can still ring to ask when this will be and they will tell you. Usually payment is received before the letter.
  • donna214
    Ok that’s great thank u 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @donna214 - Welcome to the community. I'm pleased to read the tribunal was successful & hope it's not too long until you receive the backdated money. Poppy has given great advice which I'm sure you'll have found helpful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.