Electricity Safety Check? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Electricity Safety Check?

Options
IanHaines
IanHaines Community member Posts: 32 Pioneering
I live in a rented 3 bedroom, semi, landlorded by a housing association.  They are coming here, next week, to change my electricity cupboard's consumer board and to do a house-wide points electrical safety check.  If I refused entry to them, is it an easy process for them to successfully evict me?  I suffer from horrific mental health problems, and I hate the slightest entry into my home, of strangers.  I just want them to go away and leave me alone, but I'm afraid of being evicted.  What process must they go through, to evict one of their tenants?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

They can't force you to allow them entry for general maintenance but for gas and electric safety checks and serious maintenance issues it's different. They can serve an order on you to gain access because safety checks must be completed, for your safety.

Do you have anyone that can be in your home with you when they come, maybe a family member or a friend? Maybe they can stay in a room with you so that you feel safer.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness