after a home visit given zero on all points how is this possible this was a reveiw and i had middle - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

after a home visit given zero on all points how is this possible this was a reveiw and i had middle

2»

Comments

• skullcap
    skullcap Posts: 169 Courageous
    In a court you're on trial. At a Tribunal you're not and that's the difference. 

That's not entirely true. You are not on trial in a County Court or High Court. They, like a Tribunal, are only interested in who is the most likely to be believed.
  • skullcap
    cristobal said:
    @skullcap said..."But it is still part on the Ministry of Justice."

Not entirely sure of the relevance of this - maybe I've missed something - but MOJ or not I still think the best bit is just to concentrate on presenting a good case for being awarded PIP. Look up the activities and descriptors on the DWP website and use these as a guide for what examples to use...

@skullcap - did you previously post as Yadnad, Twonker, & Gruber. I'm just curious??
    No, why do you ask?
  • skullcap
    edited February 2020
    tomm said:
     Having a home assessment is no advantage than an assessment in one of their centres.

I beg to differ especially if you are claiming  for a mobility issue Moving  around, As some of their centres can involve a lengthy walk, from a car park or public transport, and of course they can and do use this against you, at these farces they regard as assessments, So if you do have issues walking or being able to travel, then there is nothing to lose by insisting on a home visit, although it may be a longer wait for the assessment

I don't see the point. If you are saying that 10/15 metres or so of walking is about your absolute limit, surely you will have encountered this in your normal daily life?
    How do you cope in your normal life with getting around? If you have and use an electric scooter then you could use it to get to the assessment centre.

Those are some of the things that an assessor would be looking at. 

However if you can only walk that sort of distance with help, say from the entrance door at the supermarket (being dropped off by car) and then once inside the store you get onto one of their scooters to do the shopping then there would be no difficulty in doing the same at the assessment centre whilst someone got the fold up wheelchair out of the boot of the car to go in for your assessment.
  • rasberry
    rasberry Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    alarming rate of suicide because of the distress the DWP is causing. 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    skullcap said:
    cristobal said:
    @skullcap said..."But it is still part on the Ministry of Justice."

Not entirely sure of the relevance of this - maybe I've missed something - but MOJ or not I still think the best bit is just to concentrate on presenting a good case for being awarded PIP. Look up the activities and descriptors on the DWP website and use these as a guide for what examples to use...

@skullcap - did you previously post as Yadnad, Twonker, & Gruber. I'm just curious??
    No, why do you ask?
    Doesn't matter really - your content is almost identical to Twonker who hasn't posted for ages...just curious as to the new username..

Regards
  • skullcap
    cristobal said:

Doesn't matter really - your content is almost identical to Twonker who hasn't posted for ages...just curious as to the new username..

Regards
    I see. No unfortunately I have never been a member on here previously although I have read many stories over the past 6 months or so.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    @Username_removed - I agree; I recorded my assessment and found it very helpful. Not for a tribunal though...

The bottom line though is that there's little that would be in most recordings to help a claimant at a tribunal - just the "I said, she said" of the assessment. Showing that the assessor wrote 'x' when you said 'y' doesn't prove that 'y' is correct, so you're most likely to be no further forward.

Best stick to presenting your own evidence, examples etc (as others have said)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.