Pip and sdp — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and sdp

tina1888
tina1888 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
Hi there my Husband applied for pip a year ago and was refused. He went to tribunal and won. I have been in reciept of pip for a while. Will we be able to claim SDP together?  Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will depend what benefits you're claiming. In a previous thread of yours, your partner was working and you were claiming NI contributions towards your state pension from ESA because you weren't entitled to receive any money. Is this still correct please?

Also what PIP was your partner awarded from the Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tina1888
    Yes he has had to cut his hours to under 20 per week as he has spondylosis and now a serious heart problem. I am on esa support group but I dont get any money because he is working. 
    He got enhanced on both.
  • poppy123456
    Did you report those changes to DWP when he reduced those hours? you would have been entitled to a small amount of ESA.

Yes, you'll be able to claim the couples SDP but you'll need to ring ESA and tell them that you want to report your partners change of hours and ask them to recalculate the ESA and also ask to claim couples SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tina1888
    No we never reported to esa. 
    But will call them later on and let them know about the changes.
    Thank you so much for your help.
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    You're welcome. You will have deductions for the earnings but will definitely be entitled to some ESA.

I'm assuming that no one claims carers allowance for you? If they do then you won't be able to claims couples SDP. You will only be able to claim single person amount.
  • tina1888
    Noone claims carers allowance. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.