Mandatory reconsideration heartache - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration heartache

Comments

• Naughtynan
    Naughtynan Community member Posts: 87 Courageous
    I'm so glad you have your son!

You need to be very careful reporting a change of circumstances because you could end up losing your LCW that you already have. Also any new decision made on a new work capability assessment will overrule any decision made by the Tribunal for the appeal you currently have.
    I'm so glad you have your son!

You need to be very careful reporting a change of circumstances because you could end up losing your LCW that you already have. Also any new decision made on a new work capability assessment will overrule any decision made by the Tribunal for the appeal you currently have.
    Then I'll take tgem to court.  

• Naughtynan
    edited February 2020
    They have said there's no doubt about my lwc. If take that away I'll get a solicitor
     :# they can't keep changing the goal post to suit their decision. They're making me suicidal.  Bye xx  
  • Naughtynan
    edited February 2020
    I posted this on their stupid journal 
  • Naughtynan
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2020
    I realise you're very stressed by this whole process. They aren't disputing that you have LCW. What they are saying is that you're able to do work related activity (WRA) which is the second part of LCW. What you need to do for the Tribunal is prove that you are unable to do work related activity.

May i ask if you're being forced to attend work focused interviews? do you have an understanding work coach? Some work coaches are very understanding and if you have problems going out they will allow phone calls for the interviews instead of having to attend your local job centre, have you asked your work coach about this?  If you don't have an understanding work coach then you can request a different one and hopefully the next one will be more understanding.

You say that there's only CAB in your area for support with the Tribunal. I know you contacted them previously for your son's PIP but have you contacted then regarding your appeal? If you haven't then i'd advise you to ring them tomorrow and ask them for some help with the bundle and then make an appointment, taking the bundle with you.

For evidence for the appeal, do you have a family member or friend that can write you a supporting letter? Explaining to them how your conditions affect you then mention the difficultly you have going out and what happened the last time you did go out, if that's the issues you have.

I'm also going to tag a very dear friend of mine who has experience with mental health and will be able to give you further advice regarding this, i'm sure.

@thespiceman please can you help here, i'd really appreciate it. Thank you in advance :)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Naughtynan. I’m quite concerned by what you’ve posted here.

I understand your frustration regarding the entire process, but there are further avenues of appeal you can take if you don’t get the outcome you’re hoping for at tribunal. Please keep in touch and we can do our best to advise you with these if you need them.

If you’re having thoughts of suicide, it’s really important to seek advice and support from someone qualified and able to help you. Do you get much in the way of support with your mental health? Do you have access to a crisis team? If not, can I ask if you —as we recommended earlier in the thread— have spoken to Samaritans about how you’re feeling? You can give them a call on 116 123.
    That said, despite the fantastic service Samaritans provide, I understand that signposting you to resources might not always be beneficial. While as a pan-disability charity our strengths lie more in the daily lives of disabled people, we would be willing to seek some additional support for you by way of a social care referral. If this is something you’d like to pursue, please contact us on community@scope.org.uk
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Naughtynan
    Poppy I attended job centre once last year  (early December 2018) when I first applied for  Universal credit. Then I had one phone appointment early January 2019, that was it. I haven't been to or asked to go in or had no phone appointment. 

I only have one friend who accompanied me to my interview but don't want to bother them. 
    Mood permitting I ring CAB tomorrow see if they can help. 
    Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Sounds like you have a very understanding work coach and that's a good thing.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Naughtynan
    Hi me again. I went to local CAB and surprisingly someone did see me and took my details and consent to pass on to s8me9ne who can help with the apeal.
     I had a reply on my UC journal today too asking me to provide fit notes. I replied on the journal but then was too agitated so I just called them saying no I rather go to appeal because my condition is related to what I already had one year ago when I had my medical assessment. Even CAB said today they should accept new evidence if it's related to ex8st8ng conditions. Dwp is really bring unfair. Anyway just an update but I feel a bit better and I feel the fight coming on and adrenaline is kicking in. I'm not a quitter.

• poppy123456
    Glad to hear you are going to have some help from your local CAB. 

Now you have requested the Tribunal then you will need to send any extra evidence to them and not DWP. Evidence will be accepted if it’s related to a condition that you already mentioned but a worsening of condition will not be taken into consideration.

Sending in fit notes again will most likely prompt another referral so you’ve done the right thing by not sending another.

Its a long process and stressful indeed but I’m glad to hear you are continuing with the Tribunal.

Good luck and please let us know the outcome.
  • Naughtynan
    Thank you Poppy. I just made an appointment with my GP and again surprised I was offered one tomorrow! I'll ask if she can provide a fresh letter and evidence for me. It's just everything takes time. I just phoned the appeal service and they said send anything I feel is relevant and they decide its relevant or  not. I'm also seeing my nurse on Wednesday. 
    I will update if anything changes it helps me to share ? and I hope others reading realize they're not alone in their fight. I'm trying not to get too high though as I have bipolar. So better are my nurse on Wednesday too xx
  • Naughtynan
    Hi 
    Got my hearing date, it's 6th March rather surprised and glad it come so soon. Only problem is I have asked CAB for help and they took all my details said someone who can come with you will get in touch. I hope they still can as it's only 3 weeks away. I'm both relieved and panicking at the same time.
  • poppy123456
    I'd advise you to ring CAB to tell them that you have the date and ask if someone will be going with you to the hearing. Lots of local CAB advice centres no longer represent at a Tribunal because of lack of funding.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for updating us @Naughtynan! I hope it all goes okay. :)
    Scope

• Naughtynan
    Thank you. I let cab know about the hearing. Someone going to call me, didn't say if they are coming to the hearing. At least it will be over in three weeks, feel a bit better
    now I have a date.  :)
  • Naughtynan
    edited February 2020
    The hearing might get rescheduled as the representative can't come on the day with me. Now I'm worried it's going to be rescheduled to much later date. :/
  • poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear this, this can often happen when you have a rep, if they are unable to attend on the day. Hopefully HMCTS will agree to reschedule the hearing, if not then do you have someone else that can at least go with you?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    This must be really frustrating @Naughtynan! Please do let us know how things go.
    Scope

• Naughtynan
    No poppy don't have anyone else. ?
  • Naughtynan
    This must be really frustrating @Naughtynan! Please do let us know how things go.
    Hi I will 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.