DWP phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP phone call

susan48
susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
Today I received a phone call but did not answer as it was a withheld number. They left a message saying “ hi this is DWP it’s ok I will try again later”. 
I did do a form on the phone for the extra benefit along side ESA as my pip has now been reinstated.

they left no contact number or name.

any ideas as to what it could be about, I’m stressing,

Comments

• susan48
    Sorry for the duplicate post
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    @susan48
    Just guessing but they rang me the other week and I dont answer the phone, I leave it to go to message. It was a similar message to yours, so worrying, anyway I rang back. They rang in the morning and were wanting to know if I could come in for my WCA that afternoon! Fortunately my back was out at the time so I couldnt.
    I posted on here as bit worried by this call, and the main opinion was they had someone cancel and were ringing round to fill the gap.
    So might be same for you, if you're waiting for an interview for something.
    Off subject a bit, I think its appalling that they are permitted to hold everybody in fear of them like this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

If you live alone then it's possible the phone call was about the SDP being added to your claim BUT we could really only guess and you'll have to ring them to know for sure what it's about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • susan48
    Update- I called today but the mystery called hadn’t put proper notes in why they called. The person I spoke to was very helpful and put a long note on my records. 
    Everything about all the processes cause anxiety and stress, why not just say to call them back !
  • Bettahm
    Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
    When 'official' people call arent they suppose to leave a message with name and number, maybe say briefly why they have called..... very sloppy if they dont.
    Do hope you get it sorted soon @susan48.

• susan48
    Thanks, everything sorted now, this process has been going on since September last year !!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.