Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Want to give us your opinion? Complete our annual survey.

My partner works can he claim carers allowance

JIMMYRAY6JIMMYRAY6 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2020 in Carer's allowance
HI I am on a 6 week pain management programme as i have fibro and have serious sleep appnea ,i use a CPAP machine ,i receive middle rate pip .but get a lot of help from my partner ,can i or he claim carers allowance  .my partner woerks 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There's no middle rate of PIP, it's either standard or Enhanced.

For your partner to claim carers allowance for looking after you then you must be claiming either mid/high rate care DLA or PIP daily living. As they are working they mustn't be earning more than £123 per week, if they are earning more than this then they won't be able to claim carer allowance.

May i ask what other benefits, if any you are both claiming?
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • AilsAils Community champion Posts: 2,268 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JIMMYRAY6 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I see that @poppy123456 is assisting you with your enquiry and I am sure if you give her some more information then she will be able to help you further.  I hope you manage to get things sorted out anyway.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 8,526 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JIMMYRAY6 WELCOME to the community, nice to have new members and I hope the advice given has been some help to you
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 7,500 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JIMMYRAY6 - I'd like to add my welcome to this very supportive community. Thank you for joining. I hope your pain management programme may be helpful. How many weeks in are you?
    I'm sorry I can't add any more, other than to agree with Ails, that if you answer Poppy's question, she may be able to offer further advice, as she knows an awful lot about the benefit system! :)
Sign in or join us to comment.