Face to face report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face to face report

jazzy81
jazzy81 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi im new on hear i suffer with anorexia nervosa and anxiety i was told to apply for pip i had my face to face at my home last week. I received my report yday and the assessor has said i attended alone but i was at home and my partner was there i suffer with fainting alot so dont go out on my own she stated im safe to go out alone and i augfer with anorexia voice witch my psychiatrist says i needs meds for which im waiting for the assessor say my menal health was remarkable yet im not taking meds yet  ut the anorexic side oy comes when im thiking or going to eat i. Worried  now because of what was said on this report i no for a fact i will be refused 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Have you added any points that may have been recommended? In the report there will be dots next to the activities/descriptors. Use the PIP self test to see what score, if any was recommended. They usually go with the report. If you're refused then you'll have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jazzy81
    I looked at the report and the only thing she has put is i need promting to take nutrition which i still refuse  what is 4 points if im right she lied on so many things and twisted what i said she stats i didnt seem dizzy but i was siting down the whole time sed i was dressed but i had my dressing gown on im just so confused are they evan quilified for anorexia patiants 
  • jazzy81
    Or couldn't i request a different person for another face to face 
  • poppy123456
    As there's not enough points recommended then it's unlikely they will go against the report but it can and does happen. You'll need to wait for the decision to be made before requesting the MR.

PIP isn't awarded based on the diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. The HCPs do not have to be qualified for any specific conditions, it's your responsibility to explain how those conditions affect you so the HCP can get a picture of how exactly you're affected.

You should put the MR in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Send relevant evidence with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

You should avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in that. You can't prove what did or didn't happen. What matters now is why you think you qualify and that's what they'll be interested it.

Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times are huge in most areas and lots of people are waiting about a year for a hearing date. Appearing in person will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jazzy81
    Do i have to go that route or could i just reaply few months down the line that rounte would just course me tobecome stressed out 
  • poppy123456
    It's your decision but to constantly reapply using  the same evidence you previously used will very likely see a constant refusal. MR and Tribunal is the answer here.
  • jazzy81
    I just feel this is stress i dont need if i just called and sed stop the claim i dont want to go ahead due to to much stress im in a surport group on universal credits will that be affected to 
  • jazzy81
    Im just worried now if i didnt apply for pip i wouldnt be feeling like this 
  • poppy123456
    I don't believe you can stop a claim. Once a decision's made then you don't have to challenge that decision if you don't want to and nothing further will happen.

Your LCWRA award in UC will not be affected because they are different benefits.
  • jazzy81
    Will my surport group on universal credits be safe i was moved from esa to universal credits or will that stop
  • jazzy81
    Like if i get refused pip what happens to my universal credits surport group is it safe 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020

Your LCWRA award in UC will not be affected because they are different benefits.
    I advised you this in my previous comment. LCWRA is the same as support group.

• jazzy81
    Is this definitely right because i read people saying it did affect there uc thanks for all ypur help though 
  • poppy123456
    No idea where you heard that from but it's definitely incorrect. PIP and your LCWRA are completely different benefits,with totally different criteria and one doesn't affect the other.
  • jazzy81
    Ok thank you for everything you have made me feel mu h better and it was a google thing i read it on 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @jazzy81 Hello and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear about your problems with applying for PIP, have you had the decision letter yet ? They do normally go with the report but also the evidence you sent in. I understand the appeal process and the stress this brings ive been there done that. Please take Poppy's advice and understand this decision wont affect your UC.Keep us updated on your progress
  • jazzy81
    No no decision as yet the only thing they actualy got right is that i am at a verry low weight and my bmi is dangerously low i faint alot and she sed due to the fact i only pass out a few times a week im safe going out alone and bath alone when i passed out while in the bath thats the reason i have sombody with me 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @jazzy81. Do you have an appointment soon with the team supporting you with your anorexia?

Just to confirm what others have said, if you're refused PIP it won't change your UC LWCRA award as they are different benefits. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.