Hi, my name is samfits99! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is samfits99!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you very much for that! You made me smile. I just love helping other people as much as possible. I'm unable to go out much so if i can help people this way, i will.

For the Autism assessment then speak to your GP and tell them your thoughts. There's some information here but be warned it's long https://www.autism.org.uk/about/diagnosis/adults.aspx

My daughter was actually diagnosed with ASD when she was 17. She had a referral from her college she attended at the time. She's 19 now.

Although some people think that a diagnosis doesn't really help, i would have to completely disagree with that because it helps you to understand what's going on. Gives answers to all those questions you've had. At least it did for me when my daughter was diagnosed. She was also diagnosed with a learning disability just before the ASD so with those 2 alone, it definitely helped me to understand everything that she went through over the years. It took me 14 years of fighting to get it but i did in the end because i wasn't ever going to just "give up" on her.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samfits99
    samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
    @poppy123456 glad I made you smile. your very clued up and I like how you help others with advice. I have written my doctor a letter explaining why I think I have it. I have already been on that link to see if I have similar symptoms and I have most of them. I’m waiting to hear back from CCG to get funded to see a psychiatrist for my ADHD as I’ve been on a waiting list for ages. there just stretched on funds. I have a mental health telephone consultation on weds at 3pm. hope they will listen to me as the last time I went to see them in person they was ****!! I have done extensive research so I no what I have so they can’t say I don’t as they don’t no what goes on in my day to day life and what I’m thinking in my head. 
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 I was awarded PIP enchanted rate for Care. didn’t get anything for mobility. hopefully I will have a nice lady that calls me on Wednesday. and treatment can get sorted. I was made up I got awarded 5 years. could they renew it again? obviously would need to send XYZ off ect ect. 
  • poppy123456
    Once you've filled out the review forms and you've been assessed then there's no reasons why you won't be awarded again but i'm not a HCP or a decision maker and i won't be able to tell you for sure if you'll be awarded again. All you can do when the time comes is fill out the forms with as much information as possible.

Please try to forget about it now otherwise the stress caused isn't going to help you, you have about 6 months until you receive the form. Relax for now, at least :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 just to make it clear. I won’t be having a assessment at home or at the place they choose full stop. because of my explosive aggression and overwhelming anxiety it causes me I don’t go to them. because my aggression and temper they said based on that and the dangers they don’t allow it to get a head. so it’s all done as a paper based assessment. I’m just going to relax. as I have 6 months left. I am certain I will get it anyway :) so many people have won at tribunal. some women for 11.5K backdated pay!!! mad.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @samfits99   Please can I ask did you look at any of the links I provided for you.

One of the reason you mentioned having a lot of problems. Sometimes not getting heard or being responsive.

I do understand have had similar and many knock backs so use the links I suggested totally different.

For three years used Richmond Fellowship.  Many staff have mental illness themselves, offered a lot of support.

I know the help and support around benefits outstanding and very much compassion.

All charities offer a recovery programme looking at health and sleep and medications. Also offer a plan tailored for you . Discussed with you not ordered or told what to do.

Some services do, these do not. Some are very much have in house advisors and can sign post you to anything specific you need.

I have a lot of knowledge, experience and use a lot of this to educate and support members of the Community.

Empathy and sensitivity if you have any questions or wish to ask me any thing please do.

I had my issues thirty years on going been involved in mental health charities as volunteering as well being a clientele.

Know the problems especially Council services  and many others aspects of lacking of care.

Why use mental health charities 

Including one essential important aspect of mental health diet and nutrition, of which you should be aware of especially anxiety or aggression or anger.

Which can beneficial to your wellbeing.

With any of the conditions you have is a sensible practical healthy diet and nutrition you would need to look at.

With plenty of fruit, vegetables whole grains and Pasta, Rice.

Lean Meat, Eggs and Nuts have food intolerances or allergies.   Do not consume. 

Avoid Caffeine, Coffee, Tea, Cola, Chocolate.  A stimulant consume more effects anxiety as it would aggression.

Avoid Alcohol, Cakes, Biscuits, White Bread, Sugar. All cause problems with Aggression. 

Alcohol anxiety avoid also.

I would advise speak to any of the links provided can and could help with a lot of the diet, nutrition.  Plus anything else anxiety or concerns.

I am aware you could use your Community Health Unit wellbeing service offer the same..

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    Yes, i remember you've said a few times that you won't have the assessment BUT like i've also advised a few times an assessment still needs to to take place because a report needs to be written but paper assessments are possible.

There's nothing more that i can advise you on right now, so i'll leave it at that. When the times comes if you need or want further advice then please do ask and i'm sure someone will advise you further.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 a paper based assessment will happen again as previous. then the health care provider will send recommendations to PIP decision maker and for them to decide what to give me. so I’m happy. as I no it won’t go a head and it will be paper based but thanks.
  • samfits99
    @thespiceman thank you for your big message. I appreciate that. I disagree with @poppy123456 paper based assessments can be done. as I had one before due to being very aggressive and violet it put in a uncomfortable position. my anger has gone worse so I’ve spoken to the health care provider regardless it it’s 6 months away and they have stated ‘already’ it would be a paper based assessment as we would want harm to yourself or staff if there is a risk of danger. I have ADHD, Autism, went to a special needs school. have anger issues, dad died in front of me when I was young. I was abused, bullied in high school, have a personality disorder and suffer from severe paranoia and anxiety. I have had my driving license taken off me and cannot attend any appointments for PIP or any other form of benefit. they no the risk if I come to the assessment what I will do, as I can’t control myself. they have been made aware of the risk so they send it back to DWP - PIP and cancel the appointment and do a paper based assessment. so it’s all good :) and I will just get awarded hopefully another 5 years, if not I challenge it and if I have no luck I take it to the tribunal job done ?
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 the health provider for PIP in question received a report from my doctor and mental health team stating I will loose my tempter if I go and it could end up bad. so they have made notes on the system and said it will be done paper based assessment so I’m happy. as my condition with other factors has gone on a decline. 
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    @samfits99 i have no idea what you disagree with or why you're disagreeing because i never said that paper based assessments aren't possible. My daughter had a paper based assessment for her PIP review last year.

You are the one that keeps mentioning a paper based assessment. I did state they are possible and people do have them but they are rare because most people have face to face assessments. I didn't say that you wouldn't have a paper based assessment next time.

What i said was is that I'm not the decision maker or the health assessment provider and it's not my decision to tell you what you will or won't have.

• samfits99
    @poppy123456 we will leave it as that. least I no I will be having another one so I’m happy. won’t mention ‘assessments anymore’ fingers crossed closer to the time I get another 5 years. I won’t stop until I do anyway so makes no odds to me. but thanks anyway for all your advice. 
  • poppy123456
    No problem.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 thanks for all your advice. I want to get my report from ATOS or the other health provider that had recommendations on it for PIP that was 3 years ago, Is it worth seeing if I can get a copy of it? can’t see them still having it but worth a try. Who is the other health provider for PIP apart from ATOS? thanks again for your replies.
  • poppy123456
    You need to ring DWP for a copy of the report and not the health assessment providers.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 they gave me a reward letter only. I just had a paper based assessment. they accepted me on pip with evidence provided, so what do I need to say to them? also I’m hoping my doctor can give me a letter as I’m struggling with reading and writing and work want to fill a form in. making me very on edge.
  • poppy123456
    edited February 2020
    An assessment report will still have been written and you'll need to ring DWP to request the assessment report, known as the PA3 report in this case because it was a paper based assessment. I have no idea whether you'll still be able to receive a copy now but they will tell you if they still have it, most likely they will.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 hi. hope your having a nice Easter weekend, I’m due to get paid my pip on Tuesday 14th April 2020. I looked at my account as I thought it could of gone in yesterday but looks like nothing is showing as pending. guessing it will just go in on the Tuesday? just thought with it being a bank holiday it might go in early. If you can let me no that will be great thank you 
  • samfits99
    @thespiceman hope your having a great Easter weekend. Just a quick one if you can or can’t answer it. I’m due to get paid my pip on Tuesday 14th April 2020, I was hoping it would go in on Friday with it being a bank holiday Monday ect. Guessing it will just be Tuesday then? still not clued up with how it all works as I have learning difficulties. If you can get back to me that would be snacking :) 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @samfits99   Pleased to meet you thank you for message .

Best wishes to you Happy Easter.

If you having problems with getting PIP it be due to the situation COVID19.

Please may I suggest hang on and wait just be tolerant and patient it will arrive, in your bank account.

If your having any problems money or with food please get in touch can offer support.

Understand the need for PIP there are going to be some problems with staff and issues surrounding the DWP.

One thing I learnt a long time ago was a standby cupboard stores.

If money is delayed will have enough to make meals with.

Also put some money away just enough reserved in a safe place to use for emergencies.

I have done this since being on benefits to my own personal circumstances.

Being practical and sensible sometimes no benefit for three weeks certain problems, issues.

I meant to ask scrolling looking at your recent posts.  Did you ever contact any of the charities mental health, mentioned this.

Because the support workers would have mentioned reminders to you about Easter Holidays and anything to do with Pip Payments.

Send you a text saying so, just an idea to consider.

Please if I can help with anything else please ask.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.