difficulties about gp letter for home visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

difficulties about gp letter for home visit

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes if there's not enough of evidence to prove that a home assessment is needed they will ask for a letter from your GP. You can of course cancel the face to face assessment while you wait for the letter from your GP but you wont be able to cancel another, if you cancel the first one.

I would also mention the EA 2010 to the Health Assessment Advisory Service. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/equality-act-2010-guidance

Is there any reason why your GP won't accept payment over the phone? Hopefully when you hear from your GP they will be able to help you further with advice regarding the payment that needs to be paid for the letter.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    edited February 2020
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome.

For a local advice centre near you then put your postcode into this link. https://advicelocal.uk/

Having claimed ESA in the Support Group myself since 2013 i never take anything for granted with the reviews and i always send the evidence, regardless of whether i sent it before. You should always treat ever review as a new claim.

Regarding the home visit then i really have no idea whether they will agree to do that for you. Having thought about the payment issue then yes, i can see this would be a problem with a lot of GP practices regarding payment and no machines for card payments. All you can do is ring them again tomorrow and ask and hopefully there will be a solution to the problem.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    I cannot say that I am surprised with the situation with your GP, for myself I have had nothing BUT problems with mine for a few years now. Like you I am housebound and have been for a couple of years and it has certainly made the situation so bad that I no longer have ANY trust in the surgery. However, when I attempted to change surgeries I was simply not allowed to just because I was classed as housebound.

I would certainly recommend contacting the CAB for advice and feel sorry for you having problems with ESA. I myself had problems back when I started on ESA and am dreading having to justify going back on it now that the money Mum left me is running out. If they make it too difficult for me I shall probably end up homeless as I simply cannot cope with arguments and denials any more. I am sure you feel much the same.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this @piglet101, it sounds like things have been going round in circles. I'm glad you got someone understanding who could help a little.
    Scope

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2020

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.