What makes a good therapeutic trauma service? - Seeking answers from trauma survivors — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What makes a good therapeutic trauma service? - Seeking answers from trauma survivors

RK176
RK176 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there,

I am a qualified trauma therapist and currently looking to develop a holistic and collaborative service which would be free to everyone who has experienced trauma. As well as providing therapy, I would like the service to offer opportunities for training and personal development and the chance for people to shape the future of services and understanding of trauma through participation in research. 

While I currently work in private therapy, I 100% believe that adequate mental health services should be readily available and free. I have created a survey to try and find to gather feedback from survivors of trauma as at the end of the day, no one else's opinion is more important in what is needed. The service will be based in Scotland but I would be grateful if you could fill it in even if your not based there as you may be able to help others. When I get the chance, I am going to sit down and read your comments in more detail to make sure I take everything you have said on board. 

If you are interested in taking part, you can find the survey here:https://form.jotform.com/HelixTherapies/Trauma-services 

My request is completely genuine and I am definitely not trying to recruit clients or sell anyone anything. I am happy to answer any questions about  my personal motivation, my credentials  or how I plan to fund it etc ?. Honesty and transparency are really important values to me. The survey doesn't ask anything intrusive and is completely anonymous. 

Thanks in advance, 

Roxanne

Comments

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.