Information about using class 2 mobility scooter on buses — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Information about using class 2 mobility scooter on buses

Options
eric31
eric31 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2020 in Transport and travel
Hi looking for information about class 2 mobility Bootie buggy on buses please

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eric31 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm unsure that I can help you with your query, but hope others may be able to do so. Are you trying to find such a buggy that can go on a bus, or do you have one already that you're wondering about?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eric31 Hello and welcome to the community its great to see new people here. Can you give us a bit more information about your query, what are you waning to know about, them Im sure we can point you i9n the right direction 
  • eric31
    Options
    Babi I am looking for information about using class 2 mobility scooter on buses
    thanks Eric 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eric31 and a warm welcome to the community! Here is what I found online: Can your scooter go on public transport?
    Class 2 scooters may be taken onto public transport, Class 3 cannot. Class 2 scooters are lightweight and designed for use on pavements. Class 3 scooters are classified as road-going vehicles; they are bigger and heavier, and not suitable for bus travel.
    However, please do read the article as it lists specification and how to apply for a bus permit.

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @eric31…...my local bus company [sounds as if it belongs in a cowboy movie] insists that they test you and issue you with a pass showing that you're able to control your scooter safely.  They also have restrictions on the dimensions of the scooter itself. Many class 2 scooters exceed their limits unfortunately.   Best if you phone your local bus company for the most up to date information.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• eric31
    Options
    My Bus company in the Isle of Man will not let me on with class 2 buggy 

Brightness