Information about using class 2 mobility scooter on buses — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Information about using class 2 mobility scooter on buses

Options
eric31
eric31 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2020 in Transport and travel
Hi looking for information about class 2 mobility Bootie buggy on buses please

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eric31 - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm unsure that I can help you with your query, but hope others may be able to do so. Are you trying to find such a buggy that can go on a bus, or do you have one already that you're wondering about?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eric31 Hello and welcome to the community its great to see new people here. Can you give us a bit more information about your query, what are you waning to know about, them Im sure we can point you i9n the right direction 
  • eric31
    Options
    Babi I am looking for information about using class 2 mobility scooter on buses
    thanks Eric 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @eric31 and a warm welcome to the community! Here is what I found online: Can your scooter go on public transport?
    Class 2 scooters may be taken onto public transport, Class 3 cannot. Class 2 scooters are lightweight and designed for use on pavements. Class 3 scooters are classified as road-going vehicles; they are bigger and heavier, and not suitable for bus travel.
    However, please do read the article as it lists specification and how to apply for a bus permit.

Please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

• exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @eric31…...my local bus company [sounds as if it belongs in a cowboy movie] insists that they test you and issue you with a pass showing that you're able to control your scooter safely.  They also have restrictions on the dimensions of the scooter itself. Many class 2 scooters exceed their limits unfortunately.   Best if you phone your local bus company for the most up to date information.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• eric31
    Options
    My Bus company in the Isle of Man will not let me on with class 2 buggy 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.