UC WCA not on the system — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC WCA not on the system

Options
eamonn73
eamonn73 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
I had my work capability assessment on the 14 Aug 2019. I just called UC and it is not on the system but it was given back to the DWP the same day. What possibly could be the reason for a longer than 6 month wait?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

That does seem to be rather a long wait. May i ask who told you that report was returned on the same day? If it wasn't was the health assessment advisory service then i'd advise you to ring them and ask. It has been known for this to happen before and reports have gone missing which has lead to another assessment being needed.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • eamonn73
    Options
    I called the work capability assessment team this morning. And UC after that. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can only guess that DWP have lost the report. You need to ring DWP again and tell them it has definitely been returned and ask what do you do now? If you don't get any joy then i'd advise you to get your local MP involved, that may shift them because it often does. Waiting this long is not acceptable, especially when you've already had the work capability assessment.
    Contact your MP through this link here and tell them what's happened. https://members.parliament.uk/members/Commons

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • eamonn73
    Options
    Thanks, hopefully the guy I spoke to earlier will find out something for me and post in my journal.
  • eamonn73
    Options
    Unbelievable, it has been sorted today! It has been back dated minus any money owing!

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi glad it has been sorted itd amazing what they can do when they are pushed, good job you made the enquiry

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.