How long for a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a decision?

mlaw886
mlaw886 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited February 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there I started on uc in December 18 and just got my home visit for health assessment 6 weeks ago. I was looking to see if anyone had had a decision recently and how long roughly it took. 
Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

There's no timescales for any decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Once you receive it, take note of the LCW and LCWRA recommendations towards the back of the report. If you don't understand you can post back here and someone will help you.

Once the decision's been made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal. Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mlaw886
    Hi poppy thanks so much for the quick response. The dwp would you have a phone number please or would I just call uc. I don’t understand that but I will call for a copy of my assessment and ask for further help if needed thank you kindly.

• poppy123456
    You're welcome. UC is part of DWP and it's these you'll need to ring.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mlaw886
    Thanks poppy 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mlaw886 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I hope you have found @poppy123456 information and advice to be useful and hope you manage to get things sorted out.  Please let us know how you get on anyway.  If there is anything we can do to help/support you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • mlaw886
    Hi thanks you very much I will. I found the reply’s very helpful thanks 
  • mlaw886
    Hi again so this morning I called uc to ask for my copy of my health assessment. I was told it’s not even showing on the system my home visit was the 15th of January. She’s away to trace it up but I have a feeling it’s not even been forwarded on to uc yet. Can this be normal could this cause problems. 
  • poppy123456
    It's possible that your report has been sent to audit. If this has happened then it can considerably delay the decision process because a decision won't be made until both reports have been returned to DWP. An audit is nothing for you to worry about it just means that the HCP is being checked that they did their job correctly.

You can ring the Health assessment advisory service and ask them if your report has been returned to DWP. If it's in audit, they will tell you. There's no timescales for how long the audit will take because it won't be returned to DWP until the report is correct.

See link for contact details. Although this link says ESA it's still the work capability assessment and is the same as UC.

• mlaw886
    Thanks so much for this advice I will do that now. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mlaw886 Welcome to the community its nice to see new members here. I hope you are not waiting too much longer for your decision please keep us updated 
  • mlaw886
    Thank you the community is so helpful I’ve been telling my family. I called them up and my assessment was sent to DWP on the 17th of January I will keep an update going thank you again.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mlaw886 - Welcome to the community. I'm pleased you've joined, as Poppy has been able to give you helpful & appropriate advice. Thank you for saying you will keep us all updated, as it's always good to hear how people get on, & if you need any other support, as Ails says, let us know. Like Poppy & Jane have said, I hope you're not waiting too much longer for a decision. My best wishes. :)
  • mlaw886
    So very kind words thank you so much I hope not much longer now ether x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @mlaw886. Have you heard anything yet? :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • mlaw886
    Hello unfortunately nothing yet. An agent attached a note to ask the decision maker to send me a copy of my report when it becomes available. She done that last Friday the 21st of feb. Report was definitely sent to WDP on the 17th of jan. should I call again and ask if my report is showing yet. My work coach said herself people arnt waiting this long just now she can’t see what’s going on.
  • poppy123456
    There's no timescales for any decisions. Some wait between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer. There's no harm in ringing them to ask if there's any updates.
  • mlaw886
    Thanks I will hang off for the 8 weeks give them time to do what they have to do will keep an update if I hear anything thanks again.
  • flora
    flora Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Hi.  My son had his WCA in February. I was expecting a long wait for him to receive the result but the letter was put on his journal a week later.  There doesn’t appear to be any consistency with the time scales.  Hope you don’t have to wait too much longer 
    flora 
  • mlaw886
    Thanks flora hopefully not much longer now.
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi 

I have just had my mandatory reconsideration letter come today in my journal and I haven’t got the award for limited capability for work, I have now appealed so hopefully now I will get it,  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.