How long for a decision? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for a decision?

Options

Comments

• mlaw886
    mlaw886 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hope it works in your favour 
  • avakarlsson
    avakarlsson Community member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Options
    Hopefully once I appeal I will get the extra payment and see what group I am in, the LWCRA maybe 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear this @avakarlsson, please note that all benefit appeals can take up to 12 months, sometimes longer. This can be due to backlogs, etc.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    I don’t think it will as I am not going to the hearing and the person said on the phone today when I phoned about appeal she said it will probably be quick 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,017 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t think it will as I am not going to the hearing and the person said on the phone today when I phoned about appeal she said it will probably be quick 
    I would urge you to appear in person for your hearing. Paper based decisions for appeals have between a 5-8% success rate, which is extremely low. 

Appearing in person if not represented and there’s more than a 50% success rate. With representation and it increases again to 76%. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Oh that’s a big. Percentage difference, the person said if you want to go it will be a much longer wait 
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    It’s just asked me that question I don’t no what to do go to the hearing or not 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's entirely up to you, but as @poppy123456 has said, there is a higher chance of a successful outcome if you appear in person and are represented,.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Yes it was a quite a difference in percentage, has anyone been for a hearing and do you get told on the day if you have got it? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Well it's your decision and i've told you the percentage differences.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes it was a quite a difference in percentage, has anyone been for a hearing and do you get told on the day if you have got it? 

Sometimes you're told on the day but not always. If this happens they will send you a decision letter within a couple of days.
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    I will attend as hopefully then I can get the work Capability Assessment extra cost to on top of my universal credit 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm assuming by that you mean the LCWRA element and not the extra cost of the work capability assessment?
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Yes that’s what I meant sorry
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    I have completed my appeal and went for the option to go to the hearing so hopefully now I will hear shortly from them
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    When I did my appeal for pip I did an appeal and I didn’t go to the hearing I went for the option where you didn’t have to go and I got it, so hopefully with the universal credit work Capability Extra money, I will get this as well as the standard amount of universal credit each month 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's rare for DWP to offer an award before a hearing date so my advice is to prepare and expect to have to attend the hearing. Also do be aware that limited capability for work criteria is totally different to PIP.

Doing some research while you're waiting will certainly help as will writing a good submission.
  • poppy123456
    Options
  • avakarlsson
    Options
    Hi poppy thank you for the information booklet, I have just had a read through it and useful information to know. 
  • mlaw886
    mlaw886 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    Hi guys wee update I'm still waiting for my descion 8 weeks now seems a long time. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.