Hi, any help in communicating with the DWP via email? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, any help in communicating with the DWP via email?

Options
JeffreyDriver
JeffreyDriver Community member Posts: 11 Listener
How on earth do you contact the DWP via email? I've used addresses I've managed to find via email but they either get ignored completely, or after an initial (automatic) response, you hear nothing more.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Emailing DWP is not the best way to contact them, the best way is to ring them, or write to them if you can't use the phone. If you insist on emailing them then try this email address. Correspondence@dwp.gov.uk

Whether you'll receive a reply from a real person is another matter.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Si_Obhan
    Si_Obhan Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Please delete my comment :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI you would really thin k in this day and age and the fact DWP deal with a lot of people who are unable to communicate over the phone , that some provision would be made for email communication. It would be no different from manning a phone line, just manning an inbox. 

Sorry for the rant but it just isn't acceptable  

• JeffreyDriver
    JeffreyDriver Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I sent a number of complaints to Correspondence@dwp.gov.uk, and a posted a hard copy, and eventually received an email asking for more details (DOB etc.) I didn't hear anything for ages until I received a call.

I was told that they're going to setup a dedicated email address that I can use. Seems a very laborious way to go about it.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JeffreyDriver and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  Glad to hear the DWP are going to set up a dedicated email address for you.  I can appreciate how frustrating not being able to contact them by email can be as I have wanted to do this in the past myself, but instead have had to phone them or post something to them.  I hope this method of communications works out well for you anyway.  If there is anything else we can help/support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness